SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 25, 2014, 02:58:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is up and running on our new Dedicated Server! Please PM me if you see issues.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front Passenger Window Won't Roll Up  (Read 2757 times, 3 Replies)
SenordrummeR2

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »

We purchased an '08 Outlook XE on Saturday, and then I found this forum. The Outlook wasn't on our list of preferred cars, but my wife fell in love with it while test driving, and it met all of the criteria we were looking for. My dad has had good success with Saturn's, so we took a chance on the Outlook. Now I'm getting a little worried after reading through this site. I'm hoping that the dealer will take care of this, but if not, hopefully someone hear can point me in the right direction to find a fix.

We noticed last night that the front passenger window will roll down when using the driver's side control buttons, but it won't roll up. The window will roll up and down just fine while using the passenger side control buttons. It was raining when we bought the car, so I didn't really think to check the windows. Everything else works great and the car is in pristine condition. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate
mswerb

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »

Welcome to the forum. My wife has on 08 Outlook as well and so far we have no complaints. If you JUST got it I don't see any reason why the dealership would NOT take care of it. Was it purchased at a Chevy/GMC dealership??
What color is it? Post pictures when you have time.

My car dirty, is cleaner than your car clean.
2008 Outlook XE AWD Ocean Mist
ls973800

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

Since the window works properly from the passenger side switch, the problem is probable with the driver's side switch.  If you are handy, you can pull the switch panel out and clean the contacts.  If that doesn't work, the switch assembly itself may need to be replaced.

Like mentioned before, see if the dealer will take care of it for you.  A quick search on a GM parts supplier web page found a switch for the GMC Acadia listing at $113.96 and selling for $59.26.  They didn't list Saturn but that gives a good idea of what the switch may cost for the Saturn.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
SenordrummeR2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »

I was finally able to get the car into the dealer yesterday (service closes at 5:00) to have them diagnose the problem. They just called and let me know that the master switch needs to be replaced. Because the passenger's side controls work, they know it isn't the motor. They had to order the part out of Denver, so the car should be ready to go by Thursday. He also said that the car is under their 30-day dealer warranty, so this won't cost me anything.  thumbs up  He said they do their best to inspect the cars before they sell them, so the 30-day warranty is a way of helping him sleep well at night by knowing that his customers are being taken care. I like that kind of attitude!
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: