SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
September 17, 2014, 07:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Outlook? Check out the all new Chevy Equinox at http://www.EquinoxForum.net

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interior Lighting  (Read 4628 times, 7 Replies)
PGPD

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:34:07 AM »

Just purchased an '08 Outlook and all is great.  One problem that I have discovered is that the interior lights are not coming on when opening the doors.  I can manually put them on and I know of the overide button.  Checked fuses and all is well there.  The only thing I can think of is that it was originally on the showroom floor.  Not sure if dealership unplugged something to keep the battery from dying while leaving the door open on the floor.  Anyone have any suggestions.  I'm bringing back to the dealership on Sat (11/10) to have them look at it.
 Bang Head
stiffi

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 10:29:05 AM »

There's a switch right next to the light stem on the dash. You can make it turn the lights on/off when you open the doors. I had trouble finding it myself. I also thought mine was broken, until I read the manual under "lighting"
PGPD

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »

If you are referring to the dimmer / override switch located next to the headlight switch, I tried that. Bang Head
PGPD

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 10:57:55 AM »

Went to the dealership today and of course had to schedule an appointment for service on Monday.. Will let you know how it goes. Help
jfullam

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 04:24:40 PM »

I had the same issue until I figured it out.  It really is described in the manual.  Look very closely at where the Stem switch is to control the interior lights to the left of the Steering Wheel. Right above that stem switch is a symbol that shows a light with a line through it.  That symbol is actually a button. When pressed once, it disables exit lighting, when pressed again, it re-enables exit lighting.... try it, it works.
scotted73

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »

My guess would be that one or several of the switches that indicate the doors are closed is malfunctioning or somehow become disconnected. This would lead the vehicle to "think" the doors are closed and so the interior lights would not come on.

2007 Outlook XR AWD Charcoal
Ebony Leather, Captain's Chairs and everything else from the audio/video/convenience world
joebrandon1977

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 12:06:28 AM »

Just bought a 07 White Diamond TriCoat loaded with tan leather.  We were planning to get the 08, but when they rolled out the 0% for 60, we jumped on the 07 that they had exactly how we would have ordered.

Anyway, came home and had the same light issue - searched this board and found this thread.  Fixed within 5 minutes of reading this - thanks for sharing this great information!

Joe
HockeyMom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »

I was having the same problem.  Mine was also on the showroom floor so I was afraid they had disconnected something.  Pushing that switch fixed it for me.  Thank you thank you thank you.   blob

07 Outlook XR AWD Silver Pearl Convenience Pkg (power liftgate, rear park assist, remote start, heated wiper fluid, 115v outlet) Adv. Audio Pkg (rear seat audio controls, premium speakers, 6cd mp3) Premium Trim Pkg (heated leather seats) XM Radio 8 passenger seating
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: