SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 23, 2014, 01:49:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM Radio Renewal at Half Price ($77/yr)  (Read 22618 times, 13 Replies)
MrBiz

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »

I just renewed my XM Radio subscription one full year for a total of $77.  This is 1/2 of what they normally charge.

For years XM users have been using what is known as the ZWINBACK promotion code to get a 50% discount on their XM renewals.  To do so follow this script exactly.  Do not try to modify it.

First... call XM and make sure they are not going to auto renew you and charge your credit card. Have your radio code (you can find your xm radio code by tuning your radio to channel 0) and call the XM customer service number at 1-800-321-7117.  Tell the representative you want to let it expire because it's too expensive at full rates.

Then, they might offer you the $77 deal. If so, skip the rest of these steps and take it. If not, tell them that your XM Radio is about to expire but you had recently seen a flyer with a special offer of $77 per year. Inform them that you would be interested in taking advantage of this offer for $77 for a year.

If they ask for the promotion code, say "ZWINBACK". If they ask for your radio code, give that to them. They WILL ask for it because that's the only way they can turn it on. If you had in fact gotten a flyer, it would have your radio code printed on it.  So have it handy.

Another thing I recommend is that you tell them to remove your credit card from their database after they process this transaction.  By doing so they can't auto renew you in a year for a higher rate.

Good luck.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, Cream White w/ Gray Interior, Advanced Audio, Convenience, Enhanced Convenience, Premium Trim, Touring, Navigation, XM Radio
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2
snobrd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:24:46 PM »

Did it today worked like a charm. Thanks
tk421

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 11:05:52 PM »

Just worked again!  thumbs up

FWD Outlook XR
Cocoa, Leather Capt. Chairs, Pref. Pkg, Conv. Pkg, Enh Conv Pkg, Towing Pkg, Roof Rack Cross Rails.
joebrandon1977

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 02:52:59 AM »

Worked for me!

I put a calendar reminder on my XM expiration date - with these instructions in the details.  Hopefully I can do this again in a year.  Great info!!
jon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 09:11:45 PM »

I JUST PUCHASED OUTLOOK YESTERDAY AND CALLED XM TONIGHT TO GO AHEAD AND EXTEND SERVICE, SPOKE TO YOUNG GUY AND MENTIONED ZWINBACK AND GOT THE YEAR FOR 77.00

THANKS
tk421

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:22:32 PM »

I JUST PUCHASED OUTLOOK YESTERDAY AND CALLED XM TONIGHT TO GO AHEAD AND EXTEND SERVICE, SPOKE TO YOUNG GUY AND MENTIONED ZWINBACK AND GOT THE YEAR FOR 77.00

THANKS

Why didn't you wait until your 3 free months were up?

FWD Outlook XR
Cocoa, Leather Capt. Chairs, Pref. Pkg, Conv. Pkg, Enh Conv Pkg, Towing Pkg, Roof Rack Cross Rails.
joebrandon1977

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »

I asked the XM rep about this....  They told me the one year subscription would begin after the 3 month free trial expired.  So anyone who does this should get get 1 year and 3 months for $77
smokey bear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »

I called yesterday. I just said My trial ran out and I want to renew for a year at the $77/yr promotion.  She said no problem and signed me up.
rjdriver

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 05:40:22 PM »

Same Here....... I wasn't going to renew but for that price....just can't pass it up thumbs up
jfullam

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »

I was a day away from my 3 month free trial expiring.  I called XM and told them I received a flyer in the mail offering $77/year.  She said OK, did not ask for promo code, just updated my account at $77.  drunk
campville2000

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »

I just tried to get the 1/2 price deal and was told no such offer is available.  Nothing seemed to convince the operator to work with me. I hung up after letting her know that I was going to let my 3 month trial expire.  I purchased the car on Dec 29 last year, my trial is almost over. Has anyone received this offer lately? 

khansen30
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »

I just tried to get the 1/2 price deal and was told no such offer is available.  Nothing seemed to convince the operator to work with me. I hung up after letting her know that I was going to let my 3 month trial expire.  I purchased the car on Dec 29 last year, my trial is almost over. Has anyone received this offer lately? 

Give them another week and they will be calling you.  My wifes expires next week and I have received 3 calls in the last week wanting to give her a good deal (6.99 a month for 3 months).  We aren't going to do it in hers as she listens to either the MP3 or CD's.  We still have it in mine as we travel in it.  Also try calling back and talking to another operator, if no luck ask for a supervisor.  If you go high enough up the chain you might get it.

Signature:

Proud Former Owner of a 2007 Outlook and 2009 Acadia
lewisr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 08:28:04 AM »

I just got the discounted $77 offer on Monday. Mention zwinback or $77. No problem at all. Also, asked for the one month credit of $12.95 for putting it on my credit card. Total for the next year: $64.

The 3 month for $6.99 offer is $6.99 per month.
Kevin 07 XR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 09:29:16 AM »

I tried to renew with this  before my expiration date, and they said "OK. When my credit card bill came, they did a renewal for $385 for three years. I called back (on Easter morning!) to get this cleared up. The operator acted like she had never heard of this ZWINBACK promotion, but finally gave it to me after long discussions with her manager.  I hope the credit actually gets applied. I asked for the one month free for using a credit card also, but not putting a lot of hope in that one. We'll see......
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: