SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
March 25, 2017, 01:28:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GM’s Positive Impact on America’s Economy and Society  (Read 23656 times, 2 Replies)
Don Willems

Location: I work at LDT building the Outlook, Enclave & Acaida

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:41:24 AM »

- General Motors contributes earnings and benefits to more than a million employees, dependents, and retirees in North America; more than any other company.
- More than 1.1 million people in North America receive health-care benefits from General Motors, making GM America’s largest health care provider.
- In the year 2006, GM spent $4.8 billion to cover health-care costs for employees, retirees, and dependents in North America.
- In the year 2005, nearly one million Americans earned their living by building or selling GM vehicles.
- Every month, 457,000 retirees and spouses in North America receive pension checks from General Motors.
- In the past seven years, General Motors’ capital investments in the U.S. have totaled more than $31 billion (more than double Toyota’s and more than triple Honda’s).
- More than 80 percent of the parts content of General Motors vehicles sold in America originates in America (compared to 53 percent for Honda and 50 percent for Toyota).

The postings/recordings on this site are my own, and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of GM.”
Mtech

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »

I hardly qualify to post on this forum, as my wife and I are only considering the purchase of the Outlook for next year.  Having said that, I will say it is nice to see someone who is PROUD to work for GM and must also take pride in what they have a hand in producing.  I also work in the North American automotive industry, I get a kick of going to the auto shows and finding all the parts that we produce for all the major brands. I hope you can spread that pride amongst all your fellow workers building the Outlook, Acadia, Enclave and Traverse or any other GM product.
desheikh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:58:01 PM »

More than 80 percent of the parts content of General Motors vehicles sold in America originates in America..
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: