SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
July 24, 2014, 08:58:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: How many people will renew their XM subscriptions
Will not renew my XM subscription - 57 (38.5%)
Will renew my XM subscription for $77/year (or less) - 45 (30.4%)
Will renew my subscription for more than $77/year - 4 (2.7%)
Renewed my subscription for $77/year (or less) - 24 (16.2%)
Renewed my subscription for more than $77/year - 18 (12.2%)
Total Voters: 148

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM Radio Subscription Renewal  (Read 34707 times, 14 Replies)
MrBiz

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:37:55 PM »

I'm curious not just how many people will renew their XM subscriptions, but how much they paid or intend to pay.

I renewed mine for $77/year  thumbs up

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, Cream White w/ Gray Interior, Advanced Audio, Convenience, Enhanced Convenience, Premium Trim, Touring, Navigation, XM Radio
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2
avayatrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:48:54 PM »

This poll needs another answer:
- Will add the Outlook's XM radio onto an existing XM account as an additional radio once the free 3-month trial expires.
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 11:22:27 AM »

Just renewed mine a few weeks ago using the ZWINBACK $77/yr deal, no problems. You really need to wait until your entire 3 month trial ends before calling, and if you really want it to be as fast and easy as possible, call on the weekends or late evenings when the "second shift" is on duty. They generally don't even bother to "check with their supervisor" and put you on hold for 5 minutes.
jonnjustinsmom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 11:55:25 PM »

So is that really all you need to do...  Huh?  Give them the ZWINBACK code??   Is there more to it than that??  My subscription expires on Monday so I guess I need to call soon!  I googled this code and seems it has been around since like 1995.
Thanks!!!   Smiley
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 02:26:11 PM »

Yup. As a matter of fact, I got the REAL offer "postcard" from XM when I let mine go for about 2 months. So this is still a current and active offer they are sending out to XM subscribers that let their subscriptions lapse. The only trick is, you really don't have to wait around to get the offer officially. They will almost always honor it if you ask for it after your subscription (or trial) ends.

Just call them up, tell them your trial ended and while you liked the service, it seemed a little too expensive to sign back up. But then you heard about (or received, up to you - they have NO record of this) the ZWINBACK offer for $77/yr and you want to take advantage of it. They'll put you on hold, consult their "supervisor", then come back and say ok.
jfullam

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »

Wow. This is awesome!  I definitely plan to use this when my 3 month subscription ends. Does it automatically renew each year at $77/yr or do you need to let it end after the year is up and call in with the ZWINBACK code again?
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 04:16:19 PM »

I got the impression it does not renew automatically, but I'm not 100% sure. I plan on calling at the end of my year and renewing it again at this price, as long as they keep accepting it.
saturn08

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »

Does anyone know if this renewal is available in Canada??
f3qu3t

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »

My dealer told me (yesterday) $65 would extend the 3 month trial to one full year.

2008 XR FWD :: Garnet:Ebony | Heated Leather | 2nd Row Captains Chairs | Trailering PKG | Remote Start | Heated Washer Fluid ::
2005 VUE -- 2000 LS1 -- 1998 SC2
doropallo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 05:01:14 PM »

I just renewed for $77 using zwinback code.  The sub was to run out today, and I figured my wife wanted it until Sirius comes out with the SIR-GM3A.  No hassle at all.

Dave
2008 Outlook XR
BigTallV

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »

Renewed my XM for $79.96 CAD on a one time payment using promo code XM-ZAQDYYUZ.  This was a promo on a letter rec'd from XM Canada that was advising when my 3 month trial was expiring.

Regards,
/BTV

2009 Outlook XR (FWD) in Carbon Black Metallic, Preferred Equipment Group 1XR, Ebony Cloth 7 Passenger Seating, Two Panel Sunroof, V92 Trailer Package, Cold Weather Package (Remote Start & Heated Washer Fluid System), 2nd Row Console, Bose Premium Audio Package With 10 Speakers
khansen30
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 05:59:38 PM »

Here we go -mine was to expire on 3/17.

Called them via onstar and said I wanted to renew.  Wanted me to pay the $160 fee.  Said nope, I wanted the zwinback deal for $77.  After being put on hold she said she could do it.  I said okay, and what other charges are there?  She came back and said an $11 royalty fee.  I said nope, she said nothing she could do.  I said I want to cancel and to take my c.c. off the account.  She couldn't do that but transfered me to the cancelation dept.  Told her why I was canceling because I didn't want to pay the royalty fee (didn't tell her I was already cleared for the $77).  She came back and said she would do a special deal for me -$88.  I laughed and told her that was the deal I already turned down.  I told her that is still the $77 zwinback plus the royalty fee.  After a long pause and and "Ohhh" on her end I said you can't pass that one over on me and that I was going to cancel.  Told her I was a loyal customer since 07, and that $77 was better than $0 for them.  She ended up giving me the $77 deal with an $11 discount, then charged me the $11 royalty fee for a total of $77, which I took.  I also mentioned to her - how can you charge a royalty fee if I don't have to pay one when listening to FM radio, once again a long pause and "Ohhh".

May not get away with this next year, but we will see! angel

Signature:

Proud Former Owner of a 2007 Outlook and 2009 Acadia
theclarkfam

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 11:51:17 PM »

I love when some one gets the "one up" on customer service reps. I totally cancelled mine after getting double charged and having a activation fee charged to my already active account. I  can understand that mistakes happen but the deals that I was promised over the phone were never agreed to again after I called back to argue with them over the bogus charges which took 3 hours to reverse the charges. After that I was done and just cancelled the whole thing which of course took another two hours. Bang Head
 That was about 8 months ago and today I just got a letter to sign up again for five months for just 20$ and no re-activation fees..... I think that I am going to research HD radio first before I go back to XM again.

SATURN OUTLOOK 08 XE FWD: Silver with preferred package & tow package.
My DD: 2009 Chevy Aveo LT1 (Don't judge Me LOL)
jsachs1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 07:09:51 PM »

DITTO here.
They tried to bang me for big bucks when my last activation expired  Oh No
I pissed,and moaned,then chiseled them down to $20.00. Grin
John
HockeyMom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »

My husband's XM radio expired 2/21.  He really wasn't using it, so I called to cancel it on 2/18.  I am keeping the service in my Outlook, so this was just an add-on.  The guy I talked to offered me $88/yr.  I told him that my husband really doesn't use it, so please just cancel it.  He says OK and puts me on hold.  He comes back on and says, OK, so I have you set up for the $88/yr deal.  WHAT?  No, I told you to cancel it I said.  He puts me on hold and comes back and says it's cancelled.  I checked my credit card earlier this week, and there was a $115 charge from XM for that radio on 2/22.  I had to call back and get them to really cancel it this time.  I told them I wasn't impressed with the service I received (or didn't receive) from Juan.   flaming mad
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:32:07 PM by HockeyMom » Logged

07 Outlook XR AWD Silver Pearl Convenience Pkg (power liftgate, rear park assist, remote start, heated wiper fluid, 115v outlet) Adv. Audio Pkg (rear seat audio controls, premium speakers, 6cd mp3) Premium Trim Pkg (heated leather seats) XM Radio 8 passenger seating
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: