SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
August 27, 2014, 04:57:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Outlook? Check out the all new Chevy Equinox at http://www.EquinoxForum.net

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excess Moisture Inside Windshield  (Read 2353 times, 5 Replies)
TNOutlook

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »

I have noticed that there is an excessive build up of moisture on the inside of the windshield after a rain event and even a day or two afterwards.  That would seem to indicate a leak to me, but I can't find anything.  I have never owned a vehicle that has so much moisture on the inside windshield as this Outlook.  And no, I don't have a sunroof!

Any ideas?

2008 Saturn Outlook XE
Cocoa, FWD, trailering, 2nd row captains, convenience pkg.
Currently Averaging 13 MPG Sad
mdoutlook

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:09:06 AM »

I get that too. But I think it is because the car seals so well when its closed up. If your floor mats are wet and you park it and roll up the windows, your going to have alot of moisture in there. Do you garage your XE? If so, try leaving the window open a little to allow the air to flow inside the car. Also try turning off defrosters about 2 to 3 min before you turn off the car...but leave the fan running. This will allow the airbox in the car to start to dry out before you kill the motor.
Sounds like your having a hell of a time...Saturn does not need negative press right now. Ever considered contacting like "7 on your side" or whatever is in your area? Basically its a news station reporter that makes an evening story about your car and the fact that the dealer won't help you. Might scare them into acting on your concerns. Or just constantly flood them with the car in the service department. This is why I bought the extended warranty!!!
sixathome

OUTLOOK Forum member #405

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:16:23 AM »

Agreed about leaving the windows open a little, maybe get the side window deflectors, Is it really humid where you live? confused

'09 OUTLOOK 1XR FWD, SOLD!
'13 Chevy Suburban 4X4 Crystal Red Tintcoat, Ebony 8 seater
'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO
'08 GMC SIERRA CREW Z71 LC9 Sonoma Red with ebony 6 seater
TNOutlook

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:28:50 AM »

I'm in Tennessee.  I've never had this problem with any vehicle I have owned except this one. 

2008 Saturn Outlook XE
Cocoa, FWD, trailering, 2nd row captains, convenience pkg.
Currently Averaging 13 MPG Sad
frustrated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »

My car also does this.  This winter it was terrible when I had to use the ice scraper on the INSIDE of the windsheild.  The moisture is a result from the leaking.  If you put your hand under the driver and/passenger front panels you may find droplets like I have.  On the driver side by the fuses and hood latch, on the passenger side by the right side under the glove compartment.  I also have leaking by the driver side door, and 3rd row dome lights and windows.  Good luck.
Tim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »

The first picture in this post - http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=4145.0 - might say it all.  When your car leaks, water can collect in pools under the carpet - acting as a humidifier long after it stops raining.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR FWD
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: