SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 31, 2014, 07:20:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Outlook? Check out the all new Chevy Equinox at http://www.EquinoxForum.net

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #PIT4574B Crank No Start After Parking On An Incline When The Fuel Level is Low  (Read 4060 times, 8 Replies)
thedears

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2009, 07:27:55 AM »

OK, 2 days ago, my Outlook XR would not start.  I live in Northern VA, and many new homes have inclines on the driveways.  I had about 1/8 a tank of gas in it, so after 2 days, the local Saturn Dealer found the Subject Document problem that applies not only to Outlooks, but Acadia, Enclaves, and Traverse, since 2007.  This came out on September 28, 2008. I have attached a copy for everyone. 

I am not real happy about this, not sure if it's something worth pursing like turning in the Outlook.  I already have had the dealer to order the back door inside trim because of a defect, I noticed a yellow spot on the hood (Outllook is white) that they are going to try and detail out, etc.  So, its a 10 day old car to me and already having these problems  Oh No, not sure what to do but I did want to let everyone know in case you have this problem.

the dears
sixathome

OUTLOOK Forum member #405

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:39:16 AM »

Ya, thats been going on since day one for these vehicles. I think that they want to keep more gas in it  confused. I'm sure that they can get the spot out of the hood and the trim thing well lets say sometimes the greatest materials are not used Bang Head I think once you get past these things I hope all will be well. Mine goes in today to get a trim piece installed on the shift lever and to get the remote start fixed (it wont work) Huh?

'09 OUTLOOK 1XR FWD, SOLD!
'13 Chevy Suburban 4X4 Crystal Red Tintcoat, Ebony 8 seater
'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO
'08 GMC SIERRA CREW Z71 LC9 Sonoma Red with ebony 6 seater
tireman43

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »

OK, 2 days ago, my Outlook XR would not start.  I live in Northern VA, and many new homes have inclines on the driveways.  I had about 1/8 a tank of gas in it, so after 2 days, the local Saturn Dealer found the Subject Document problem that applies not only to Outlooks, but Acadia, Enclaves, and Traverse, since 2007.  This came out on September 28, 2008. I have attached a copy for everyone. 

I am not real happy about this, not sure if it's something worth pursing like turning in the Outlook.  I already have had the dealer to order the back door inside trim because of a defect, I noticed a yellow spot on the hood (Outllook is white) that they are going to try and detail out, etc.  So, its a 10 day old car to me and already having these problems  Oh No, not sure what to do but I did want to let everyone know in case you have this problem.

the dears

As an Auto Tech graduate and working in the industry for 13 yrs. I can tell you that low fuel is not a good idea, even if not on an incline. You are doing harm to your fuel pump by making it work extra hard when the fuel is low. It sloshes around when driving and stopping and the fuel is not always at the pump which makes it run dry for brief periods thus overheating as well. No one should ever let their vehicle get under 1/4 tank or problem will happen.

As for your other troubles I hope you are very well taken care of. The Outlook is a great vehicle and hope you get to enjoy yours.

Kevin

08' Outlook XE Cream White FWD
05' GMC 2500HD Summit White CC Duramax
thedears

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 07:20:52 AM »

As an Auto Tech graduate and working in the industry for 13 yrs. I can tell you that low fuel is not a good idea, even if not on an incline. You are doing harm to your fuel pump by making it work extra hard when the fuel is low. It sloshes around when driving and stopping and the fuel is not always at the pump which makes it run dry for brief periods thus overheating as well. No one should ever let their vehicle get under 1/4 tank or problem will happen.

As for your other troubles I hope you are very well taken care of. The Outlook is a great vehicle and hope you get to enjoy yours.

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin.  I hear ya on the 1/4 tank of gas, I'm still getting used to the gas gauge, it seems to adjust itself as you drive so if I think I have 1/2 tank of gas, and while I drive, it moves forward a little toward 5/8, especially on flat surfaces.  I will keep 1/4 or more gas in it, the hoops I went thru to get too work when it would not start the other day just aren't fun.

the dears
sixathome

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 07:32:20 AM »

tireman43, do you work a Saturn or GM dealership?

'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO
tireman43

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »

6Sixathome nope, I work for a smaller shop. We have 3 locations in Southern MN. I don't acually work on the vehicles anymore either. I moved to being a service writer about 5 yrs ago. I still see and hear it all though and now I'm the "bad" guy trying to explain it to the customer.

No problem thedears. I try to get that through to my wife also and it doesn't always work. LOL Grin Another good reminder for everyone too, is that when starting your vehicle turn your key to the run position and pause for about 10 seconds to give the fuel pump time to prime. Don't just get in and fire up right away. Just a helpful hint for extending the life of the pump.

thedears

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »

6Sixathome nope, I work for a smaller shop. We have 3 locations in Southern MN. I don't acually work on the vehicles anymore either. I moved to being a service writer about 5 yrs ago. I still see and hear it all though and now I'm the "bad" guy trying to explain it to the customer.

No problem thedears. I try to get that through to my wife also and it doesn't always work. LOL Grin Another good reminder for everyone too, is that when starting your vehicle turn your key to the run position and pause for about 10 seconds to give the fuel pump time to prime. Don't just get in and fire up right away. Just a helpful hint for extending the life of the pump.

Atleast we have the same color Outlook, Cream White Cheers.

the dears
tireman43

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »

thumbs up Cheers

sixathome

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 07:22:49 AM »

Kevin

Great advice thumbs up

'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: