SaturnOutlookForum.net
Bookmark and Share
September 17, 2014, 01:30:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The forum is up and running on our new Dedicated Server! Please PM me if you see issues.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Service traction control and stabiltrak and ck engine light  (Read 71841 times, 116 Replies)
AA/78U

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »

All I will say here is; check and the Ford and Dodge forums; sometimes the "grass isn't always greener"

Former Acadia Commander; now Impala Herder
2014 Impala LS (non-eco)
Acadia moderator
Traverse moderator
Member # 392
jasonanh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 12:46:15 AM »

Got the car back today with the latest "FIX".  The Intake Manifold Tuning Valve was replace under the factory powertrain warranty.  Just glad to have it back without money out of my pocket.  Now, time to polish it up and get it ready for a trade in!!!
GM Customer Service

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »

Back here again to vent!!!  Took the wifes car in AGAIN last Friday for THE SAME ISSUES AGAIN, this time with addition of a check engine light.  Talked to dealership on Saturday, and like some other posts I have read online, the Camshaft Position Sensor is causing the light to come on along with some codes indicating there is a timing issue.  Dont know when we will get the car back.  SOOOO, I have now replaced the brake fluid sensor, the brake master cylinder and will now have to have the engine torn apart so they can "FIX" the problem.  This car is such a piece of junk, I dont care what a dealer will give me for it, I am getting rid of it.  I cant belive that a car that I spent $35,000 on has all of these issues.  And of course GM will do nothing about it.  At least the car is still under power train warranty so the work will be covered, but that's not the point.  There is no reliability in this car at all.  There is no joy in driving it at all when all you can think about is how long till the next light comes on.  Hello Ford and Dodge, here I come.

I am glad to see that your concern has been resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
sixathome

OUTLOOK Forum member #405

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 07:00:21 AM »

I am glad to see that your concern has been resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
He wont because he's getting rid of it!

'09 OUTLOOK 1XR FWD, SOLD!
'13 Chevy Suburban 4X4 Crystal Red Tintcoat, Ebony 8 seater
'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO
'08 GMC SIERRA CREW Z71 LC9 Sonoma Red with ebony 6 seater
jasonanh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »

Got rid of it I did, at a huge loss!!!!  Carmax gave me the best price for it.  Never thought I would do it, but went with an import.  The wife fell in love with it and that was all she wrote.  So happy to be done with the Outlook!  Feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders.  Now we can take a road trip without having to worry about when the next problem will happen. thumbs up
GM Customer Service

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »

Dear 2007OutlookXESilver,

I apologize for the confusion.

Sincerely,
Michelle, GM Customer Service
SurfnWolf

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »

Ok heres a vent...  Wife said   "Stablitrak  off..service brake system" lots of bells and whistles go off...  so over the phone I just said...just take it to the dealership....  After they checked it..  "Low Brake Fluid"   lol I couldnt beleive it.  For $50.00  lol...  Why not just say low brake fluid...lol  Oh well.
medicrxdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »

Low brake fluid MAY be a sign of another problem.  Did you have the brakes serviced recently?  It is a sealed system and shouldn't need any fluid to be added, even if your brake linings are worn down really hard.
DeYanko

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »

Just got back from the dealer with the the Service traction control and stabiltrak and brake system and ck engine light. I currently get the warning messages and lights when I am on an on-ramp or off-ramp........ I was told the I need new front brake pads installed because they are worn to the point that the level of fluid is low because of them?Huh??? Total $273.90, $129.95 for pads and I guess the rest is for turning the rotors and labor. Does that sound correct?
sixathome

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 04:10:02 PM »

Just got back from the dealer with the the Service traction control and stabiltrak and brake system and ck engine light. I currently get the warning messages and lights when I am on an on-ramp or off-ramp........ I was told the I need new front brake pads installed because they are worn to the point that the level of fluid is low because of them?Huh??? Total $273.90, $129.95 for pads and I guess the rest is for turning the rotors and labor. Does that sound correct?
That price does'nt seem out of line for the dealer, parts and labor. I dont know why the CEL would come on for a brake issue though  confused

'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO
medicrxdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »

There is no brake fluid level indicator light.  You aren't the first CEL to be illuminated because of a brake fluid issue.

It is correct that as the pads wear the brake fluid will get low, you aren't supposed to add fluid because it will "overflow" when the new pads are installed.  People do add, but that's another topic.

Price isn't too bad from what others have reported.
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »

I too have the CEL and SST lights on after the dealer first said it was a transmission sensor and replaced that to the tune of $4K. The light returned and now its the CPS...and they want $2800 for that. WTF??

They did not give me the codes, but a scan at the local parts store said:

Cam Position Sensor, Bank 1, Sensor A
Cam Position Sensor, Bank 1, Sensor B
Cam Position Sensor, Bank 2, Sensor A
Cam Position Sensor, Bank 2, Sensor B

Could all 4 really be bad? Could it be something else. Where are these located on the engine. I'm pretty sure I can replace them myself if I can find them.
ls973800

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

Shawn, depending on the year and mileage you have on your Outlook, both those repairs sound like they could be covered under the 5 year 100000 mile drivetrain warranty on GM vehicles.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ, Nav, Sunroof, Rear Entertainment, Towing, Rear Buckets w/Console- Added $3.00 Nav By-Pass, Rearview Mirror w/Compass, Cabin Air Filter, Lights to Homelink Buttons  SOLD 4/2012
Shawn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »

First noticed at about 103K...after a few trial and error things, finally got it back in at 106K and GM said no dice on covering any of it. I let them put in the tranny since they already had it partially torn down.

Now I'm stuck on the this CPS issue...$2800 seems crazy if it's a simple job. I can do the work if it's as simple as finding and replacing them.

Anyone have a skematic of where they located on the block?
medicrxdoc

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »

For that price, it isn't just the CPS.  CPS(s) are very easy to get to from what I understand.  That price sounds like a full timing chain job (seen a write up for a Caddy, but our engines are 90degrees rotated and the engine needs to be pulled from the bottom, so not a do it yourself job).
BigTallV

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »

First noticed at about 103K...after a few trial and error things, finally got it back in at 106K and GM said no dice on covering any of it. I let them put in the tranny since they already had it partially torn down.

Now I'm stuck on the this CPS issue...$2800 seems crazy if it's a simple job. I can do the work if it's as simple as finding and replacing them.

Anyone have a skematic of where they located on the block?

No offence or harm intended, but this really all depends on your skill set and the tools you have at your disposal.

The Service Information index is where you'd find all this information (in essence, the service manual).  It's not just a matter of popping off the sensor.  Hence the $2800 repair tag.  You're looking at removing the engine mount strut bracket in order to gain access to the CMP sensors.  So the dealer is probably lowering the engine to do this work.

If the repair is involving replacement of other timing components, it is *NOT* for the faint of heart and would further explain the quotation from the dealer.  While swapping a sensor on your intake air tube may be a DIY job, unless you have the tools, skills and time, the replacement of timing system components can be a fairly daunting task.

I assumed you have LY7 engine and FWD vehicle... the Camshaft Position Sensor is located as follows:

Exhaust Bank 1 - on the right side of the rear cylinder head, lower rear position
Exhaust Bank 2 - on the right side of the front cylinder head, lower front position
Intake Bank 1 - on the right side of the rear cylinder head, upper front position
Intake Bank 2 - on the right side of the front cylinder head, upper rear position

If you're **SERIOUS** about doing the job, PM me and I'll dig up a diagram/screen shot and send to you.

Regards,
/BTV

2009 Outlook XR (FWD) in Carbon Black Metallic, Preferred Equipment Group 1XR, Ebony Cloth 7 Passenger Seating, Two Panel Sunroof, V92 Trailer Package, Cold Weather Package (Remote Start & Heated Washer Fluid System), 2nd Row Console, Bose Premium Audio Package With 10 Speakers
Cris4029

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 02:44:25 PM »

I had this exact problem with the warning lights, etc. This was caused by me forgetting i left a light on in the rear hatch and draining the battery overnight. I charged it for about 10 minutes and started it up, all the "problems" were there. I drove around the block, shut it off and turned it back on and everything was fine. Haven't had that issue since, as it was a dumb mistake on my part. I'm at 77,000 and I've yet to get any technical issues with my '08. Was used with 22k when I got it, but no other qualms here. Every milestone has been serviced +/- a few hundred miles, but I love my Outlook.
sixathome

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »

BTV, looking at my invoice for the cam positioning sensor that was replaced on mine it says for hours to do the job was .70 and the part # was 12608424. And from what they told me is that it's got to be right on the money and can't be rotated one way or the other, mine was turned a little.

'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO
GM Customer Service

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »

@Cris4029,  I am glad that you are happy with your Outlook.  Please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions, comments and/or concerns.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
agmaustin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »

I have the exact same issue on my 2008. The array of lights and dings started after waiting at a stop light while the vehicle was at an incline.  I put a full canister of dot 3 brake fluid and the warning lights have been off after a full day of driving.  I have 61,000 miles so wonder if it's normal to lose so much fluid under normal driving conditions?  Probably a master cylinder leak.  My power steering pump started making a bunch of noise 6 months ago and also topped off the reservoir, all good ever since.  What's next...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to: