Saturn Outlook Online Community - View Single Post - 07 Transmission Failure (yes me too) but is it related to water leak?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
derwin

Re: 07 Transmission Failure (yes me too) but is it related to water leak?

The timing chain is covered only if a certain code is thrown - mine did not throw the code - its "only" $500 of the $6000 bill.
Talked to GM Canada - nothing available for us on the transmission repairs. So it looks like its going to get paid for by me :-( The former Saturn dealer is going to do the work as they have the experience on these cars. They told me today .. they havent seen it before until recently .. now 5 of them in the past 6 months alone. Yikes!!
If there is a recall / rebate whatever - the onus will be on me to seek a rebate from GM Canada since my car is a US car. Trust me if there is any wind of a rebate/recall I will be all over it for 6Bills!

The new transmission is a new part # - so something has changed - thank god - in the design of the unit.

Daryl
PS .. doesnt everyone agree the transmission never did feel right -- all those reprogrammings they had to do to try and get the thing right..

FYI: 5GZER33767J100175

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome