Saturn Outlook Online Community - View Single Post - Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 01:00 PM
ctdwshepherd

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!

I have an '07 XR AWD and it just started experiencing transmission issues. Example: while driving in a parking lot with gear selector in 'D' and in 2nd gear, the transmission will downshift to 1st and stay stuck there no matter how much throttle is applied. The check light comes on. In order to get the transmission to shift properly, I have to shift to park, shut off the engine for 1 minute and then restart. After restarting, transmission shifts fine but the check light remains on. The check light will usually go out after several hours of the car being off. This has happened several times now. To prevent this from happening on the road, I drop the gear selector to 'L' and toggle the gear selector to '6' manually.

I found the #14404A Special Coverage Adjustment that extends the transmission warranty to 120k miles. As luck would have it, mine started acting up at 122k. Do I have any hope that GM will assist me?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome