Saturn Outlook Online Community - View Single Post - Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 07:34 PM
cwilks81

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbevo
Just as I expected. GM customer service is telling me my VIN is not covered under the 14404a extended warranty. WOW!

Ya, that wave plate that failed on my car was from a different lot that was good. Right? LOL
Hey Sirbevo,

I noticed you had the same issue I am encountering now. My 2008 Outlook had the wave plate fixed out of pocket after it failed at 69k miles in 2013 months after the 5 year power-train warranty ended. I noticed this campaign and contacted my dealer, only to be told the special coverage was not applied to my VIN. I cannot believe our VIN's were not included when clearly the issue was present in our vehicles, someone really messed up the VIN selection process. I don't understand how they know there is an issue with the wave plate on our make and model yet they will not honor our repair but will honor other repairs.

Were you able to make any headway on getting reimbursed? If you were I would appreciate any tips. I received a major run-around with GM customer care.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome