GM’s Positive Impact on America’s Economy and Society
- General Motors contributes earnings and benefits to more than a million employees, dependents, and retirees in North America; more than any other company.
- More than 1.1 million people in North America receive health-care benefits from General Motors, making GM America’s largest health care provider.
- In the year 2006, GM spent $4.8 billion to cover health-care costs for employees, retirees, and dependents in North America.
- In the year 2005, nearly one million Americans earned their living by building or selling GM vehicles.
- Every month, 457,000 retirees and spouses in North America receive pension checks from General Motors.
- In the past seven years, General Motors’ capital investments in the U.S. have totaled more than $31 billion (more than double Toyota’s and more than triple Honda’s).
- More than 80 percent of the parts content of General Motors vehicles sold in America originates in America (compared to 53 percent for Honda and 50 percent for Toyota).
The postings/recordings on this site are my own, and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of GM.”