Saturn Outlook Online Community - View Single Post - Sunroof
Thread: Sunroof
View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 06:28 PM
6Sixathome

Re: Sunroof

(January 5th - I had mine in again last week because of a leak again. It was the luggage rails. The way the sit, the rubber gaskit does not sit flush with the roof (it hangs over a narrow valley (for lack of a better word) and allows water to get up inside the bracket and run down the screw holes. They went through and sealed all of the screw holes with silicone, which should do the trick. From what I understand they have corrected the problem with the sunroofs in the 08's with a correct size drain tube. I would go for it.)

khansen30, did they seal the screw holes from the inside or the outside?, or did they take the screws out and put sealant in the holes and then put the scews back in? Also is there a nut that holds the screws in place or are there threaded inserts welded to the underside of the roof? Did they take the screws out of the whole entire bracket or just the front?

'09 OUTLOOK 1XR FWD, SOLD!<br />'13 Chevy Suburban 4X4 Crystal Red Tintcoat, Ebony 8 seater<br />'05 VUE 3.5L AUTO<br />'08 GMC SIERRA CREW Z71 LC9 Sonoma Red with ebony 6 seater

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome