Saturn Outlook Online Community - View Single Post - Outlook Gas Mileage - What to do????
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Wingmn

Re: Outlook Gas Mileage - What to do????

yeah, 23.1 gallons, all my data is hand calculated MPG and Gallons posted from my gas receipts, not from the DIC.

I tend to top off on long trips. I know it's not good, I know.. but when I do - I can usually put 2.5 gallons in after the first click (stop).

I've been topping off my 93 SL2 since I bought it in 1996. I only top off the Outlook 1 gallon after first stop now, I know it can cause problems with the emissions system more in a newer car than the older ones. So, reason why I do the full 2.5 gallons on a long trip is after 23, or 24 miles (like 20 mins of driving) that extra gallon is already consumed.. So the extra gas that I filled into the neck of the gas tank isn't there after 20 mins.. (anyone can justify to themselves something that they shouldn't do, even if it's not wise)

So, yes, I did put 23.1 gals one time

2009 Outlook XR FWD - Silver Moss - tan interior - dual skyscape sunroof - dual headrest DVD, In dash Navi, Tow pckg, side step bars, splash guards, HIDs. - 78k miles<br />1993 SL2 Silver - sunroof - 224k miles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome