Saturn Outlook Online Community - View Single Post - **Resolved** Weird intermittent humming noise...
View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
bloc0102
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 61
Re: **Resolved** Weird intermittent humming noise...


Took it in to the dealer today. Turns out one of the brake pads is stuck in it's slide against the rotor. They're blaming corrosion. Have about 5% of the outer pad remaining, inside is 95%. We should have noticed that when we had the wheel off 3 weeks ago; I think a lot of that wear has been done lately since it has gotten worse.

They think my caliper and pistons and everything are fine and my rotor can be turned. $279 for pads and rotor turn! I think my brother will be doing that. They were apparently able to get the bolts off without an issue too.


-SOLD- 2008 Outlook XE AWD<br />Carbon Flash/black cloth<br />Conv Pkg/Pref Pkg/Sunroof<br />Outdoor Adv Pkg/Tow Pkg
bloc0102 is offline  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome