Saturn Outlook Online Community

Saturn Outlook Online Community (https://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/7-general-discussion.html)
-   -   Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM! (https://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/7-general-discussion/1730-wave-plate-failure-extended-warranty-issued-gm.html)

ls973800 03-14-2015 09:40 AM

Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 

SenordrummeR2 03-17-2015 06:22 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls973800

Ah, nuts! The coverage is 10 year / 120k miles. I'm past the 120k mark, so hopefully my transmission holds up! It was replaced/repaired under warranty by the previous owner, so hopefully I'm good for a while.

mswerb 03-17-2015 09:05 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
We had the transmission replaced in our 2008 Outlook a while back, is there anything we can do to seek any type of reimbursement?? The work was done at our local GM Dealership.

ls973800 03-17-2015 11:11 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mswerb
We had the transmission replaced in our 2008 Outlook a while back, is there anything we can do to seek any type of reimbursement?? The work was done at our local GM Dealership.

I provided the following information in your other post also. Good luck!

The following is a section copied from Campaign #14404 issued by GM on March 3, 2015 regarding the failed wave plate extended warranty. They are giving until March 31, 2016 to submit for reimbursement.

Customer Reimbursement – For US
Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer by March 31 2016, unless otherwise specified by state law. If this is not convenient for the customer, they may mail the completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form and all required documents to the GM Customer Assistance Center. Repairs must have occurred within the 10 years of the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

All reasonable and customary costs to correct the condition described in this bulletin should be considered for reimbursement. Any questions or concerns should be reviewed with your GM representative prior to processing the request.

When a customer requests reimbursement, they must provide the following:

•A completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form. This form is mailed to the customer or can be obtained through GM GlobalConnect.
•The name and address of the person who paid for the repair.
•Paid receipt confirming the amount of the repair expense, a description of the repair, and the person or entity performing the repair.
Important: GM requires dealers to approve or deny a reimbursement request within 30 days of receipt. If a reimbursement request is approved, the dealer should immediately issue a check to the customer and submit an appropriate warranty transaction for the incurred expense. If a reimbursement request is denied, the dealer MUST provide the customer with a clear and concise explanation, in writing, as to why the request was denied. The bottom portion of the Customer Reimbursement Request Form may be used for this purpose. If the denial was due to missing documents, the customer can resubmit the request when the missing documents are obtained, as long as it is still within the allowed reimbursement period.

Superfan 03-23-2015 04:15 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
Received my notice from GM on the "Additional Protection" today. I've already been through the wave plate adventure back at 80,000km or so but nice to have in case it wasn't done right the first time.


Now if only they would give some "Additional Protection" on cabin leaks...

mswerb 03-23-2015 06:27 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
I submitted the paperwork at my GM dealership for reimbursement today.

ls973800 03-23-2015 11:19 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mswerb
I submitted the paperwork at my GM dealership for reimbursement today.

:thumb:

electbc 03-26-2015 12:31 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
Here is my rejection message from "GM Customer service"
William,
Thank you for getting back to me regarding the Wave plate extended coverage. The VIN is 5GZEV23798J293588.
The mileage of the repair was 139,536, current mileage is 160,000. Any help with any sort of reimbursement would be greatly appreciated. The cost of repair was 3615.56 done at Gold Seal Transmissions in Upper Saddle River NJ.

Bruce

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your response. After further research, I see that Gold Seal Transmissions is a non-GM repair facility that you enlisted the services of. Due to this, reimbursement is not an option, unfortunately. We are only empowered to work with certified GM dealers to review potential cost assistance or reimbursement at a customer's request.

William R.
GMC Customer Care

Superfan 03-26-2015 12:35 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by electbc
Here is my rejection message from "GM Customer service"
William,
Thank you for getting back to me regarding the Wave plate extended coverage. The VIN is 5GZEV23798J293588.
The mileage of the repair was 139,536, current mileage is 160,000. Any help with any sort of reimbursement would be greatly appreciated. The cost of repair was 3615.56 done at Gold Seal Transmissions in Upper Saddle River NJ.

Bruce

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your response. After further research, I see that Gold Seal Transmissions is a non-GM repair facility that you enlisted the services of. Due to this, reimbursement is not an option, unfortunately. We are only empowered to work with certified GM dealers to review potential cost assistance or reimbursement at a customer's request.

William R.
GMC Customer Care

Wow, way to go GM and turn what might have been a goodwill gesture into a stick in the eye.

electbc 03-26-2015 12:38 PM

Re: Wave Plate Failure Extended Warranty Issued By GM!
 
Yes it is getting harder and harder to remain a loyal GM brand customer.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome