GM has been contacted
Since finding out last week that a dealership in Knoxville installed an engine, supposedly under warranty, and used the VIN# from our Outlook, I have been trying to get this mess resolved.
So far as of yesterday afternoon here is what I have accomplished, or not, and trust me the frustation is building.
Oh by the way....preliminary note is....Knoxville dealership are complete idiots.
I placed two phone calls last Friday and they were to call me back after the second call. By 4pm yesterday still had not received that call back.
SOOOO I decided what the **** I gave them a call and I was told by Matt that there was not anything they could do to change the record.
Let me think....okay here are my thoughts about this:
- in order to change or rather correct their mistake they would have to contact GM (thinking they do not want to do that)
- they would then have to find out what vehicle they actually installed the engine into
- to find out who's car has the new engine they have to pull out the original work order from 2009 and see if they can decipher the signature
- they would have to explain to GM that okay yes they charged GM back on a warranty for an engine but but but the engine actually went into this vehicle and not the 07 Outlook
- if they installed an engine into a vehicle and they find the vehicle was not under warranty and the customer should have PAID for it do you think the dealership would be happy that they now have to PAY GM back for an engine
- or perhaps and I am being rather.....the dealership could have charged the customer AND collected from GM the hours involved....double dipping...heck government workers do it so why not dealerships
Sorry folks but right now I am laughing my ass off because well.....
YEP I am in contact with a GM representative and after I sent to her all the information I have pertaining to our Outlook she said she will get back with me within two business days.
She apologized for the problems we are having, especially with the Knoxville dealership, and she will get this straightened out.
YIPPEE.....okay a bit premature yet if she does pull this off my confidence in GM will rise ever so slightly...perhaps not enough to buy another GM yet enough to....tone down my bi***ing....okay reality just kicked in...nope sorry can't help myself it is that bi***iness in me that always shows.
Have a great day folks because mine.....is always an adventure.
11 Enclave CXL2 FWD WDT11/10 purchase 2/11
15 Infiniti Q50 AWD Granite Shadow purchase 6/15
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)