Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remove asterisks after "http"
http***://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/MazRotary/2012-12-27100337_zps822c4daf.jpg

I've been working on a Saturn Outlook that is having problems with "Stabilitrack off" and "Service Brake System" lights coming on after a short drive. Also rear liftgate works intermittently. The engine has been replaced by the dealer and i discovered some cut wires beside the brake fluid reservoir. Any idea what they are supposed to go to, why the dealership cut them, and could it be the cause of all my problems? The owner of the vehicle refuses to take it back to the dealership that it came from due to their incompetence.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
What year is the Outlook? The cut wires may be from where the heated windshield fluid unit had been placed. I had that in my 07 Outlook and when they did a recall, due to possible fire hazard, they removed the unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2007, these wires are just to the left of the brake fluid reservoir (when looking from front). They are cut just before the connector so i dont understand why they weren't just unplugged ???

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Workman1788 said:
its a 2007, these wires are just to the left of the brake fluid reservoir (when looking from front). They are cut just before the connector so i dont understand why they weren't just unplugged ???
Because they want to make sure you don't pick up another one and install it.

There is one manufactured now as a replacement which seems to be better than the one GM originally was using. I have read where some members have done this. I never did but I sure did miss the heated washer fluid, especially when there was heavy frost or some ice built up on the windshield.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense then, I was able to clear engine codes and took it for a short drive until the stabilitrak and traction control lights came on. CEL never came on but i have a code P0024 for Exhaust cam Bank 2, What does this code mean and how is it related to the traction control and Stabilitrak? The Service Brake System light has remained off since codes were cleared.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Workman1788 said:
That makes sense then, I was able to clear engine codes and took it for a short drive until the stabilitrak and traction control lights came on. CEL never came on but i have a code P0024 for Exhaust cam Bank 2, What does this code mean and how is it related to the traction control and Stabilitrak? The Service Brake System light has remained off since codes were cleared.
That I cannot help you with and doing a search on this forum the only time mentioned is your post.

Although if you go over to the Traverse Forum and use their search for P0024 you will find a thread where your code is mentioned.

Perhaps you can find more answers there.

Remember if you cannot find it here just search on the other forums, Enclave/Acadia/Traverse as these are the same vehicle, beneath the exterior that is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
754 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts