Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Outlook that I purchased new in Aug 09 is having clunking noises in the steering column when turning at low speeds.
Vehicle has 53k miles on it and the power train warranty expires in one month.
Took it in for that and airbag notification.

Is there any recalls for this or am I SOL?
What about the transmission waveplate issue any recourse when that goes out? Feel like Im driving a POS waiting for over $4k in repairs when that breaks. With all of the bad publicity and failed recalls from GM, this will more than likely be my last GM product.

Ive already paid my local dealer twice a $115 diagnostic fee for "diagnosing" the airbag problem, all they did was grease the plugs. Now the fix is "covered".

TSB won't help. I already asked the dealer service department. TSB only cover the first 3year/36k bumper to bumper.
Engine mounts were messed up and covered under the standard powertrain warranty. Why the steering column isnt is beyond me.

EDIT: Remembered that I had purchased an extended warranty for 6year/60K warranty when I bought the car. Waiting for service department to call back to confirm that the steering column replacement is covered. So i'm covered for another 6k miles(hahahaha)/1 more year whichever comes first.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had this occur on my '09 Outlook @ 35k miles. The clunk is due to worn bushings at mounting points for the steering rack housing.

The dealer can just replace the bushings, not the entire steering rack.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer cant get through to Extended Warranty company. They will try again tomorrow.
Just my luck.

As long as the dealer fixes the problem and I don't have to pay over $100(my deductible), it doesn't matter what they do as long as they fix it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
jcarm75 said:
Dealer cant get through to Extended Warranty company. They will try again tomorrow.
Just my luck.

As long as the dealer fixes the problem and I don't have to pay over $100(my deductible), it doesn't matter what they do as long as they fix it.
Hey jcarm75! Keep us informed on how things turn out with the dealership and your Extended Warranty company. We're available to provide any additional support we can if things aren't resolved promptly for you.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer service rep called today to confirm that the steering column was covered under the extended warranty and I only had my deductible to pay. $100

Dealership also replaced struts and engine mounts. the engine mounts were covered, but the struts werent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts