Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a noob here...my 1st Post! I've found a wealth of information here that's been invaluable in deciding which options to order on my '08 Outlook! Thank you!

For the '08 Outlook XR AWD, Can anyone confirm what Brand and Model of tires come with the 'Touring Package' on the 19-inch Polished Aluminum wheels?

I know that this package also upgrades the Front Anti-Sway bar to a thicker/stiffer bar, and that some other suspension adjustments are made (not sure what this includes though.) Perhaps the Shocks/Struts are upgraded or different as well???

Anyone with 1st-hand experience in the drive/feel of the 19" wheels and tires compared to the standard 18" wheels/tires???

I test drove both the FWD and AWD versions and I really preferred the handling/feel of the AWD model (neither had the 19" Touring Package though.)

I am going in to the dealer tomorrow to order my '08 Outlook XR AWD and would like to know! I really don't care for looks of the 19" Polished Aluminum wheels or chrome exhaust tips in the Touring Pkg., but if the additional suspension upgrades are worth it I just might go for it anyway.

What are your thoughts on the looks of the different Leather colors?
I live in the High Desert where it can get extremely Hot during the summer and very Cold in the Winter as well. I like the look of the Black Leather best I think, but I know it's going to be too hot during the summer. I'm leaning towards the Tan Leather since the Grey doesn't really 'do it' for me. I also feel that the Tan Leather 'opens up' the interior and makes it seem brighter and roomier/airier, especially since I'm not ordering the Sunroof. What do you think?

Here are the options I'm going with:

Exterior Color...
1st Choice: Silver Pearl
2nd Choice: Ocean Mist
3rd Choice: White Diamond Tricote

Interior...
1st Choice: Tan Leather
2nd Choice: Black Leather

Convenience Pkg.
Enhanced Convenience Pkg.
Premium Trim Pkg.
Trailering Pkg.
HID Headlamps

I already have a superior aftermarket Stereo/DVD/Navigation system that I'll be taking from my existing vehicle and installing in the Outlook, so I'm not ordering the OEM Nav/DVD* package. I was a professional Car Audio/Video installer in my past life so this will be a piece of cake.

I also don't care for having the sunroof. I realize that they are sometimes nice to have, as I've owned several cars with sunroofs in the past, but 99% of the time they remained closed, so...

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to my new Outlook, but I sure wish that I didn't have to wait at least 6-8 weeks for it!!! The dealer did a nation-wide search for one with the options/colors I wanted and nothing was even close!

TIA

Billy B.

*You can purchase the latest Outlook OEM/Factory Navigation/Stereo unit complete with the OEM GPS Antenna and the latest GM Nav Map Disc and full installation instructions for about $700-$800 on eBay or from other Car Audio dealers! Even with installation fees and possible programming this will be much less than the OEM-installed cost!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts