Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the process of shopping around to replace my muffler and noticed that there are two dual exhaust replacement parts (both very expensive I might add) - one with the Chrome exhaust tips and one without. I was surprised because I can't recall seeing an XR without the rectangular chrome exhausts....that is until I poked around in this forum and found this picture:

I take it this is what the parts catalogue refers to as "dual exhaust WITHOUT chrome tips?" I've never seen an XR like this in the wild. :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
interesting. looks like theyre simply angled down//

wonder if its early production.... or maybe the fancy tips were optional

·
Registered
18 Posts
We had the angled down tips. I noticed the rectangular tips on other XRs, and liked that look instead of the boring angled down look. There are 2 different lower rear bumper parts to match the cut out, or lack there of.

I was always tempted to cut out a half round section and add 3" round chrome tips on our XR. In the end never bothered.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have seen a few of these before on Outlooks (it's rare), and I've also seen a few Traverses like this.

It is possible for you to get the one with the chrome tips, but you will need to either buy a new lower portion of the rear bumper (because they have slots for the exhaust to fit in), or cut them yourself.

I was actually thinking about seeing if I could get a rear lower bumper from a second gen Acadia and then getting the dual exhaust system for that because I really like how the dual exhaust system looks on the second gen Acadias.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts