Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Saturn Outlook AWD XE finally died at 312k. It was a good run but the transmission finally couldn't take any more. It first started acting up around 130k and it's amazing it made it as long as it has. The engine is also losing compression in cylinder #3 so it doesn't seem like it's worth fixing.

As I started searching junk yards for a transmission, I was stunned by how expensive transmissions were but given the car is less than 10 years old, I can understand why there aren't alot of choices. But I was also told that the 2007 and 2008 Saturn Outlook AWD XE engine and transmission are the same but that the 2009 is different. Can anyone here confirm that? If so, is the 2009 Outlook engine and transmission more or less interchangeable with the GMC, Buick and Chevy? I ask because if it's more interchangeable, I'll more than likely by a 2009 Saturn Outlook since parts should hopefully be more readily available. If it's not, then I'll probably stay away.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations on both making it to 312K and wanting another! :cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow thats nearly half a million killometers - What kind of shape is the drivers seat in? I would think there would be a permanent driver imprint. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
You might also try car-part.com, if you weren't already.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts