Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All: I just registered and I wish I had discovered this forum earlier (since I've owned my outlook for 58K and 4.5 yrs.

I've been reading alot on this site about the wave plates and the trouble with the transmissions. I have an appt with GM to have my 2007 AWD XR looked at for a high pitched grinding (metal on metal) sound when I accelerate and tranny slip between 1st and 2nd, and 4th and 5th. I haven’t been trying to duplicate the slip issue as not to end up walking...but that's how i remember it when it happened. But the grinding is every time I accelerate.

Not to waste anyone’s time on this...but do my symptoms resonate with anyone on this board? Many thanks!

And I'm hoping my first warranty experience with my first GM goes well...that's what put me in my GM to start. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@T82596, I agree with 6Sixathome… keep us posted on the findings that the dealership informs you of.

Merry Christmas!
Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link and I had my appt with GM this AM. Unfortunately...with the rain, it was hard to hear the grinding. The slipping wasn't as noticeable due to the wet roads...as the traction control kicked in (didn't think of turning it off). But...I spoke to both the foreman and manager, they took down my mileage and logged it in as I have about 7 months of warranty left. I was satisfied with my visit.

I'm going to watch it a little closer...and return when the symptoms are more consistent. And have my road assist phone number handy.

I'll keep you all posted. And this is a great site...I'll visit it frequently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts