Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're proud new owners of a 2007 XE FWD w/ the Advanced Audio & DVD system. LOVE the vehicle so far!

We had to bring it in to the dealer to have some things fixed, and they loaned us a fully-loaded XR w/ EVERYTHING. Boy is that sweet!

On to the issue - From reading the forums, it look slike you can buy the remote keyfob, and just have the Outlook reprogrammed for it? Is this true on the 2007 models? I found a good deal on a set of keyfobs, and may be able to swing the dealer into reprogramming for free :)

Any insight would be appreciated! :cheers:

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in the process of upgrading to remote start also. I have an 08 XR FWD.

From what I have read on another forum, you can check inside your glove box on the sticker and see if the designation "AP8" is present in the list. If it is, all you will need are the FOB's and the programing through the dealer.
Key1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked in the glovebox - pulled the pins and let it come all the way forward - no stickers other than the ones with the part numbers of the glovebox and the plastic black box behind the glovebox... :help:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just rechecked mine.
There is a metal sticker inside the glove compatment on the bottom right hand side 2.5 x 4 inches titled "Service Parts Identification Do not Remove". It is a list with quite a few part ID's. If the number AP8 is present in the list that means your GM vehicle already has the hardware for remote start and only requires programing with the FOB.
Key1

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an appointment with Saturn service next Thursday to have Remote start added to my 2008 XE. It took 5 days for the "part" (new FOB?) to come in and they are charging me $189 for the part and $40 for service... they told me it will take 1-2 hours. I checked my glove compartment and I do have AP8 listed on the service tag.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
[/color]
Here is what page 105 of the 2007 SATURN OUTLOOK owners manual says:

Remote Start Ready

If your vehicle does not have the remote vehicle start feature, it will have the remote start ready feature. This feature allows your dealer/retailer to add the manufacture's remote vehicle start feature.

See your dealer/retailer if you would like to add the manufacturer's remote vehicle start feature to your vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6Sixathome said:
[/color]
Here is what page 105 of the 2007 SATURN OUTLOOK owners manual says:

Remote Start Ready

If your vehicle does not have the remote vehicle start feature, it will have the remote start ready feature. This feature allows your dealer/retailer to add the manufacture's remote vehicle start feature.

See your dealer/retailer if you would like to add the manufacturer's remote vehicle start feature to your vehicle.

That's what I get for not RTFM :D :angel:

I'm going to order the $25 set, and see how it goes!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
MaxPower said:
I'm going to order the $25 set, and see how it goes!!
What do you mean by "set?" Looks like the key fobs go for at least $172. Or have you found a cheaper source?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Member "Outlook2007" take a look at the thread titled "Remote start for me 2008 XE" under "General Discusion". I posted the outcome of my installation.
Key1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I called my Saturn dealership (Saturn of Lakeside MI) and they said they only install "after market" remote starts if it wasn't installed by factory... I haven't checked my glove box yet either. If I have those numbers listed I'm going to hunt around for a Saturn dealership that will do it with the factory FOB. Because "my" Saturn dealership said I would get an aftermarket FOB. I'd like to use the factory Saturn FOB...

Sounds like these Saturn dealerships/service centers aren't clued in...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is kinda of late but does anyone have an update on the "AP8" code for the service tag. In other words has anyone gotten remote start activated, that only has the "AP8" code because I went to Saturn of Riverside, CA and they told me that I needed the "AP3" code in order to get remote start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the AP8 code. I bought a key fob for 40 bucks. Took it to Saturn to get the remote start programmed. They said they couldn't do it because my Outlook was not equipped with remote start. So I guess the AP* code thing doesn't always hold true.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Info I was given by factory Rep was that 07's had the ability to be reprogrammed. I'd say check with another dealership, if possible, or maybe your 07 was a late build? I'm aware of several 07's that had AP08 that were reprogrammed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm looking at an '08 still on the dealer lot that has all the equipment I want except for the remote start. From reading this thread and another, I'm guessing it is not possible, but when I looked at the 2008 manual PDF I downloaded, it says the exact same thing about remote start ready if not equipped with remote start (page 2-9).

I will check with my local dealer and see what they say, but there seems to be a lot of confusion/ability between dealers. This same one said it was not possible to add navigation to the XE, I found a junkyard on ebay that sells the units and also has a guide as to how to do the swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't find a dealer willing to do it. Saturn of Jackson, MS will not, and no other GM dealer I have found will do it. I don't want an after market remote start, I just want to update the computer on my wife's 2007 so it will remote start. She's a nurse, I want her to be able to remote start and light up the path to her vehicle when she's working late nights.

It's really aggravating at this point, wish I could figure out a way to get it, hook up a laptop, and flash it myself.

Later,
jtbryant

1 - 20 of 33 Posts