Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I will start with that this is the first GM vehichle I have ever bought. At first I was over impressed with our Outlook. After 40,000+ miles I am anything but impressed.

The headlamp went out the other day, which they do in any vehichle. I went and bought a new bulb for the headlamp. Now to change it, Can't figure it out, I go to my owners manual and the only light it shows how to replace is the license plate lights and it says to contact my dealer for other bulb replacement. I call my brother-in-law, who is a license mechanic and is employed at a Saturn Dealership (last one left open in Central PA). He takes it to work and finds out it is not the bulb, The contacts on the back of the headlamp assembly has corroded off. At 40,000 miles??? A new headlamp assembly has been ordered.

While driving at low speeds the steering clunks while turning.

Next, The traction control and service engine light is now on all the time. The inforamtion center on the dash says to service the stabilitrac and traction control. When you come to a stop and the transmition downshifts it is very rough. Have an appointment for this issue now along with the head light replacement.

4,000+ miles out of warranty and all this stuff is happening now.

Also, The best overall gas mileage I ever got was 16 MPG...

Does anyone have any insight on any of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There were problems with the 07 headlight assemblies. Just replaced mine. Make sure it is covered under warranty. Headlight bulb replacement is not easy - you have to take off the front wheel and remove part of the fender liner.

Clunks while turning - may be a bad stabilizer bar connection. I had the same problem and had it replaced under warranty.

Have you had the transmission software updates done? There are two - one is mandatory and the other is optional.

Your fuel mileage is about right for overall for this vehicle. Even though I've had some problems I still love the vehicle.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey five. I just bought a used 2007 Outlook and when my headlight went out about a week or 2 later, and I found out what a pain it was to change, I questioned my own sanity with my purchase. I wrote a post over in the tech section on the issue of the headlight wiring harness. Please go there and then go to the NHTSA web site and fill out the complaint form. GM needs to replace that wiring harness with a more heavy duty one. Yours will be replaced with the same one that has already melted. Good luck.

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=818.0

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
quint9, Five, things happen :jaw: :eek:. You would not believe the stuff that I've had go wrong with my 2 OUTLOOKs, but thankfully there is warrenty. The only cost to me with any of the things that went wrong with mine is time, that's all. Yes it is frustrating and could happen to any vehicle foreign or domestic. With your being an 07' (1st year) it seems that we are still finding things that are happening. The steering wheel "clunk" is the steering column is TSB here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=6783.msg88132#msg88132. Did you buy this at a dealer? If so take it back and see if they will work with you on some of these issues. Is it AWD?, if it is your 16MPG is right on for city driving. Let us know what the outcome is from your dealer visit.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Five4Fighting said:
It is at the Saturn dealer today. Will post what comes out of all of this. Thanks for the responses.
Please do tell when you get it back. I just had the column replaced in mine and they found a power steering line ribbing against an AC line. I bet that you will have to get a new column. As far as the T/C and engine light, probably going to be the camshaft issue (you will be covered under the powertrain warrenty, 5yr/100,000 mi) so no sweat there because BIG $$$$. Let us know.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Five4Fighting said:
It is at the Saturn dealer today. Will post what comes out of all of this. Thanks for the responses.
Well, what's the good word?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, Sorry for the late response...

Headlight assembly was ordered and it was replaced and works.

Apparently when the head light assembly was replaced by the Tech (my brother-in-law) bumped some kind of vacuum line/sensor. Which caused the Service engine light to come on. AND when ever the Service Engine Light Comes on it disables the traction control which caused the light to come on. So now big deal there...

The clunking in the steering, They could not figure out what it was so they just ordered a new steering column and that will be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know thing can happen to any vehichle regardless of make... But I never had any problems with my 2 ford F-150's that I had bought brand new.

6Sixathome said:
quint9, Five, things happen :jaw: :eek:. You would not believe the stuff that I've had go wrong with my 2 OUTLOOKs, but thankfully there is warrenty. The only cost to me with any of the things that went wrong with mine is time, that's all. Yes it is frustrating and could happen to any vehicle foreign or domestic. With your being an 07' (1st year) it seems that we are still finding things that are happening. The steering wheel "clunk" is the steering column is TSB here http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=6783.msg88132#msg88132. Did you buy this at a dealer? If so take it back and see if they will work with you on some of these issues. Is it AWD?, if it is your 16MPG is right on for city driving. Let us know what the outcome is from your dealer visit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts