Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2007 saturn out look and need to change my pvc. Has anyone done this yet? If so I need help locating the PVC and what tools would be needed. This all started with oil in the air box and everyone I have talked to about it has told me to change the PVC or clean it, the car runs fine plenty of power and recent oil change. Anyone that can guide me in the right direction to locating the PVC it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
oil in the air tube is pretty much 'normal' for this vehicle/engine.

look on here/acadia/enclave/traverse forum
keywords- milkshake, yellow goop, what is this yellow,

I think on the 07/08-- an improved valve cover could be purchased.
but essentially- clean it at every oil change.

·
Registered
203 Posts
There is a modification which can be done. First you should look at this link, the camaros share the same engine.

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/v6-engine-discussion/53385-llt-lfx-pcv-orfice-mod-importance.html

The barb in question is down by the driver side fire wall. You would need to remove the air intake snorkel to reach it. The tube goes from the top of the engine cover down there, release the connector by opening up the tab and popping the connector from the barb. Then a channellock or visegrip on the flange of the barb and with a little twist it will come right out. Drill the orifices as mentioned, clean it out good and Use a little locktite to position the barb back in the hole. The first time you do it give yourself an hour or so. Sorry I don't have pictures but there are some diagrams on the location on the Acadia site, maybe the Enclave site as well.
This mod is worth the effort.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have done this mod that is described in the above post. It's quite easy, the holes just need to be drilled out to bigger sizes, and the exact specifications are in that post.

If you choose to do this, be careful when you pull out the barb, because if you squeeze it too hard, you can bend it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts