Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many post on here about the transmission problems, but maybe the more they see they will actually do something about it! My transmission went out in May 2012. At the time it was covered under my power train warranty which was good. There was only 88,000 miles on my truck when it went and I figured with it being replaced it should last at least another 88,000 miles. WRONG!! A year and a half later and only 13,000 miles on the transmission it went again. It has now been at the shop for three weeks as I have been on the phone with GM customer service trying to get some help with this. You would think that they would have a product that lasted and would stand behind it when it didn't. Customer service has been less than helpful. They wanted to give me a voucher towards a new GM vehicle. Are they insane!! I will never buy another GM vehicle they have left a bad taste in my mouth. I now have an address to send a letter to Saturn Customer Assistance which I will be doing as well as contacting the Attorney Generals office. I have also had a lot of little problems with my truck including 5 months of electrical problems that it took two different repair shops to finally figure out what was wrong with it.
If anybody has any suggestions of other places for me to call, write, or email to complain let me know! I'm ready and I'm not backing down!

·
Registered
353 Posts
evethull said:
I know there are many post on here about the transmission problems, but maybe the more they see they will actually do something about it! My transmission went out in May 2012. At the time it was covered under my power train warranty which was good. There was only 88,000 miles on my truck when it went and I figured with it being replaced it should last at least another 88,000 miles. WRONG!! A year and a half later and only 13,000 miles on the transmission it went again. It has now been at the shop for three weeks as I have been on the phone with GM customer service trying to get some help with this. You would think that they would have a product that lasted and would stand behind it when it didn't. Customer service has been less than helpful. They wanted to give me a voucher towards a new GM vehicle. Are they insane!! I will never buy another GM vehicle they have left a bad taste in my mouth. I now have an address to send a letter to Saturn Customer Assistance which I will be doing as well as contacting the Attorney Generals office. I have also had a lot of little problems with my truck including 5 months of electrical problems that it took two different repair shops to finally figure out what was wrong with it.
If anybody has any suggestions of other places for me to call, write, or email to complain let me know! I'm ready and I'm not backing down!
evethull,

I can't express how sorry we are for the extreme inconvenience you've endured with your 2007 Outlook. We definitely value you as a customer, an incredible member of our team and we want to exhaust our options to potentially assist. If you have not retained an attorney, I would be happy to further research your case and see where it stands. Feel free to send us a private message with your case number (if you have one) along with your contact and vehicle information so that we may proceed.

Kindest regards,

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
cloth all the way. got one 3 year old and my wife is 6 months preg with kid number 2. car seats dont mess up the cloth like they do leather, plus the two dogs wont scratch it all up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am posting this wherever I can. GM has declined to give me any assistance to offset the $3200 I had to spend to fix the broken 35R wave plate. They cited my vehicle's mileage (82K) and age (11 months out of warranty). I am perplexed that if they are helping people who are out of warranty, why aren't they helping me? Do people who are only a month or two out of warranty get help?

I cannot believe GM is not being more proactive to solve this problem and then not help out people who have it break.

Good luck to everyone facing this issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
:angryfire: that is really terrible. GM didn't help us. They knew these plates are defective. Do they realize that if it goes out on a busy highway like mine did...someone could die

·
Registered
2 Posts
BAY96 said:
I am posting this wherever I can. GM has declined to give me any assistance to offset the $3200 I had to spend to fix the broken 35R wave plate. They cited my vehicle's mileage (82K) and age (11 months out of warranty). I am perplexed that if they are helping people who are out of warranty, why aren't they helping me? Do people who are only a month or two out of warranty get help?

I cannot believe GM is not being more proactive to solve this problem and then not help out people who have it break.

Good luck to everyone facing this issue.
[/quote

This is how I see it, why on Earth would GM admit fault, instead of losing millions and fixing their mistake they can make millions off their customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts