1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Outlook XE FWD

So after having engine worked on @ 69,000

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=1056.0

we are now having the transmission torn down a few days before vacation ...again :angryfire:

Customer service tech say's it's the waveplate but could be more won't know until they tear it down tonight ...he did mention a former Saturn Tech was working on it ;D ....also he mentioned that they had meetings during the week on this problem since it was their biggest problem coming in ( they have two in for repair besides mine )will keep you posted as to what happens

Albert

Oh Yeah BTW they also told me the tranny would have a warranty :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Amendoza said:
2007 Outlook XE FWD

So after having engine worked on @ 69,000

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=1056.0

we are now having the transmission torn down a few days before vacation ...again :angryfire:

Customer service tech say's it's the waveplate but could be more won't know until they tear it down tonight ...he did mention a former Saturn Tech was working on it ;D ....also he mentioned that they had meetings during the week on this problem since it was their biggest problem coming in ( they have two in for repair besides mine )will keep you posted as to what happens

Albert

Oh Yeah BTW they also told me the tranny would have a warranty :thumb:
I am starting to go through all the threads about wave plate failures now since i am starting to have hard shifting on the 3rd gear while accelerating and de-accellerating and I am wondering what symptoms you were having prior to your Outlook going in for the tranny?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Have you checked the trans fluid and if so is it dark? How many min
Les do you have on it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
sixathome said:
Have you checked the trans fluid and if so is it dark? How many min
Les do you have on it?
Maintenance is almost religion to me or says my wife :angel: I am always checking the fluids since I never trust anyone but myself to make sure things are at the mark. The tranny fluid is still light pink and does not smell or looked burnt and we just crested 60k (60,097Mi)

·
Registered
353 Posts
theclarkfam said:
Maintenance is almost religion to me or says my wife :angel: I am always checking the fluids since I never trust anyone but myself to make sure things are at the mark. The tranny fluid is still light pink and does not smell or looked burnt and we just crested 60k (60,097Mi)
I can see where you are coming from with checking your fluids on the Outlook. Since the fluid seems to be fine, have you thought about taking the vehicle into the dealership to have your concerns looked into. Even if they come up with the dreaded "cannot duplicate" phrase, you can make sure to have them document this. By having them properly document this within the system, can prove to be helpful in the future if need be.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
44 Posts
GM Customer Service said:
Since the fluid seems to be fine, have you thought about taking the vehicle into the dealership to have your concerns looked into. Even if they come up with the dreaded "cannot duplicate" phrase, you can make sure to have them document this. By having them properly document this within the system, can prove to be helpful in the future if need be.

I am going to take few more drives to be sure before I do but I most likely will take it in for documentation so that I am still covered.

·
Registered
353 Posts
theclarkfam said:
I am going to take few more drives to be sure before I do but I most likely will take it in for documentation so that I am still covered.
Thank you for the additional information of how you are planning to handle this situation. I can understand where you are coming from about all of this. Please, feel free to keep me in the loop of this.

I hope you are having a great day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok sorry it took so long ..... Got the car in to my local dealer they got it turned around for me really fast so i was able to use it for vacation and covered under warranty ... :thumb:

My symptoms were as follows

Hard shift in second like the motor wanted to come out ...

Reverse also hard a shift ...thought maybe I had a broken motor mount

fluid was a good color barley low ...

If you're having any problems be worth it to get it documented

·
Registered
1 Posts
my trans went at 29000 miles after 5 years, gm fixed it ,they call it a courtesy warranty ,they know it's a problem and will fix to keep the customer happy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While speaking with the Attorney Generals Office, I was told that perhaps the transmission issue faced or facing many Outlook, Acadia, Enclave, and Traverse owners may be of interest to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That is the agency that decides if a safety issue warrants a recall from the manufacturer.
Help us all by looking up the following site and filing a safety complaint and tell your story. If enough of us register our tansmission problems, it may eventually lead to a recall of the transmission from GM:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts