Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a few speakers that have gone out.

I am looking at cheap replacements and I have a question. Will 6.5 inch speakers be ok for both front door and back door? I have Googled and read for hours and see 6.5 and 6.75 as options for this car.

If I wanted to replace the smaller speakers near the windshield, what size are they?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Look at www.crutchfield.com
You will be able to look up your vehicle and find the speaker sizes you looking for.
Tim

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had to replace all 4 of the in-door speakers in my Outlook. Once you learn how to pop the door panels off replacing them all is pretty straightforward. The OEM speakers are pretty cheap and readily available on Amazon or Ebay....or just drop by your nearest GM dealer.

If you are replacing the tweeters in the pillars that is a little more involved but still not too bad - if you search in this forum there are detailed disassembly instructions from those of us who have needed to get at the sunroof drain lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. Crutchfield says one thing, other places have said another. Either 6.5 or 6.75. I guess I will pick one and go from there. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just replaced the speakers in my 2008 outlook. Three of them went out for no reason. Bought some Clarion from crutchfield. Pretty straight forward. Had to cut out front speakers and screw new ones in plastic housing. Not bad and sound so much better. The factory speakers are crap!! The clarion ones I put in were Clarion SRG1623R.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you order from Crutchfield, they give you any adapters necessary for the install. If something has to be trimmed, they send instructions on what to do.
Tim C

16victor said:
My Outlook speakers have also gone out. Would adapters make a better job, or are they not required?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a set of five OEM (2007-2009) speakers for doors with adapters and front center for $50 plus shipping. Send me a private message here to be sure I'm notified of your interest.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The door speakers are 6.75 inches. Some 6.5 speakers have flanges for 6.75 also.
6.5 inch can be used as well if you simply redrill the door panels.

The front pillar tweeters are 1 inch but aren't designed with a factory clip or such to be replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts