Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so ive been doing some test driving trying to find out if an outlook is for me. well today at the local saturn dealer i was made an offer on a 2007 demo with around 4000 miles. they told me they would sell it for 35700....its an xr pretty much loaded out with everything but nav. does this sound a little high? i was wanting a 2007 due to the current 0% apr for 60 months but i also think its bs that the 2007s they had were priced the same as the 2008. after me questioning this i was told that "yeah but the 0% apr is like knocking off $5000". so what do you think...deal or keep looking?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Your right thats a little high for a 07 w/ 4,ooo miles on it, but 0% is a deal that cant be beat. Try and deal floor mats or something and see if they really want to get rid it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like the dealership (or sales person) is trying to take advantage of the 0% incentive that was ment for the consumer. Your best bet is to go with a new '07 with low miles. You would probally get it for the same price. The non-haggle policy is suppose to be a two way street. You can't negotiate down and they can't inflate the price up. Unforntunately this only applies to new vehicles and they can probally do whatever they want with used and demo vehicles.....I'd look for a low mile '07 where you get the incentive and the original price and you get to pocket the savings on interest rather than the sales person. One man's opinion.
Key1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the problem is that the dealership close to me only has 4 2007s left and the one demo that i was looking at.....the demo is the color and has the sunroof and leather (what im looking for). i was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with whether the 2007s were priced cheaper than the 2008s? it just dosent seem right for both of them to be priced the same to me. reguardless of the 0%

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I've only seen one 07 OUTLOOK that was a demo and they were offering $1000.00 off because it was a demo. It was in the showroom at the dealership where I bought mine and it was a plain jane. Chance's are the 07 XR's will be the first to go @ 0%

·
Registered
20 Posts
From what I remember, the 2008's MSRP is $565 more than the '07's. - Regardless of what rates are going for.

It sounds like a shaddy dealership if they're selling the 2007's for the same MSRP as an '08.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One thing to think about is the residual value hit for 07 vs 08. As a new vehicle it's a hard estimate to make but it's valid. So even though Mr Sales Guy answers with "It's like $5k off with 0%", that's really a separate feature to the fact it's an 07. Tell him that helps with the residual value hit and then mention your concerns over just what happened to this vehicle for the critical break in miles? At 4k miles, a lot of hard running could have taken place and since it IS a demonstrator...it could even be safely "assumed" some hard runs down the road have taken place. If he is willing to throw in a substantial extended warranty + blue book retail value of an 07 with 4k miles...I'd say you're looking at a more fair deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE....haha well i went down to try and make a deal on the 07 demo, when i got there they pulled it around and the salesman said "this thing has dual dvd players in the back...i dont think it is the same one that the gm was talking about" well while im waiting on the paperwork i spot the gm and i ask him if his wife enjoyed driving it and he said "yes she loved it"...well when the salesman finally gets his paperwork together he presents me with his offer...he said that the car was a "different" one and it was actually worth $39,800 (even though i just got the gm to admit it was the one that his wife had been driving)...not only that but they offered me 3-4k less for my trade-in than i had been offered from a ford and a toyota dealership that i had considered trading with in the past few months.....haha no wonder i dont see many outlooks driving around with sales tactics like that. needless to say we were about 8k off making a deal...when i explained this to the gm he said he would knock another $800 off the price of the outlook....haha

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sounds like they are trying to play the shell game! Bummer. So what are you going to buy? What about trying another Saturn dealer?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had to go to 3 different Saturn dealerships to get them to give me "Blue Book" value for my trade-in vehicle....and the only way I got the 3rd dealership to agree is I told him that I had an offer for blue book value from another dealership but they did not have my color....After a long song and dance about how he is not going to make any money off the trade he finally agreed. I went back to the dealership a couple of weeks later to turn in my survey (thats another story) and there was my trade right on the lot with an asking price of $3000K more than they gave me for it! I guess that is his idea of not making any money on it.
Key1

·
Registered
13 Posts
key1cc said:
I had to go to 3 different Saturn dealerships to get them to give me "Blue Book" value for my trade-in vehicle....and the only way I got the 3rd dealership to agree is I told him that I had an offer for blue book value from another dealership but they did not have my color....After a long song and dance about how he is not going to make any money off the trade he finally agreed. I went back to the dealership a couple of weeks later to turn in my survey (thats another story) and there was my trade right on the lot with an asking price of $3000K more than they gave me for it! I guess that is his idea of not making any money on it.
Key1
Thats funny :D the dealership I bought my Outlook gave me a little above trade in value for my trade and is selling it for $4k more, he has it priced more then I payed for it new.

I also bought a demo 2007 XR with 2400 miles on it and they gave me $2k off the no haggle price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These posts have me needing to update on my attempt as well with a trade...

Found an XE pretty well loaded around $34k...drove it for the weekend...wife and I loved it as the new solution to 3 youngsters all under 6...brought it back and told them to look at my 01 Trooper for a trade value...came back with 3k offer (ridiculous since it has blue book of over $7500). Told sales guy that's a shame since all loan work was already approved. As I walked out he told me we're not done and he would be back in touch. Told him that was great and that it would be in his side of the court at this point. No word ever heard again...

A shame really. The only reason we haven't moved forward at another location yet is such a bad taste from what was supposed to be a more up and up Saturn experience. I told the sales guy early on that I would be very straight forward with him and expected the same...especially since I understood his job what with my own background in sales (not cars though) for some 15 years. While he was never downright misleading, a slight evasive nature to some of my questions were also not acceptable.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Bowzer,

That's a drag! Talking from experience here, try to sell your current vehicle outright first. I know that may take a little longer but in the end you will get way more money for your car than a trade in. It is always better to walk into a dealer with CASH than a trade in my opinion. That's just one less thing to deal with and you get more of an upper hand. :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Considering I'm getting a brand new 08 XR with leather for a little of 29K. I think thats a rediculous prices for an used 07 outlook.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Demo cars are not the same as used since they are sold with a new factory MSO. Demos usually can't be discounted like a used car since a used car is bought much more cheaply. I would look for a true low mileage used Outlook rather than a Demo. The warranty should be about the same since the Demo probably has an in-service date, so the clock is running on both. Never expect a Demo to be priced like a used car.

Also, now that the newness is pretty much done, used pricing should come down. I see plenty of Outlooks, Acadias, and Enclaves on dealer lots, and the days of them truthfully saying things like "people buy them right off the delivery truck" are gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a "new" 2007 Cream White AWD XE for 26,777 before taxes and junk with GMS and 1000 lease to purchase AND... 0%!. Pretty basic though but I was mainly buying it for the guts. "Best vehicle GM has ever built"...

29k w/leather and XR sounds like a great deal.

I'm going to put in a Double DIN Bluetooth GPS unit that's gonig to looks sweet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts