Saturn Outlook Forum banner

2008 Outlook AC Problem - Hissing Sound

9K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  salguod 
#1 ·
For past few months I have been having AC issues on my 2008 Saturn Outlook, just took it to the dealer for the third time and this time they want to charge me $675. Last time they added freon now they want to replace the low pressure line and recharge the system.

PROBLEM:

The AC is not cooling properly actually on the passenger side I feel no cool air at all. While the vehicle is idle, I hear a hissing sound and at times it is very loud. Last time they recharged the AC / added freon it got better for few weeks but back to the same problem.

QUESTION:

I see number of folks complaining about this on various forum, does GM have a recall on this or a fix action at this point. I should not have to keep dumping money into this when so many folks are having so many problems with this truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really can't spend another $600+ for AC on this truck.

#2 ·
That seems about right, I was quoted about the same for the high pressure line on mine. Thankfully, since I was only about 2.5 years since new and only out on the CPO warranty by a few thousand miles, GM stepped up and took care of it for me. I suspect you're farther out and won't be so lucky.

As far as I know there is no recall or extended warranty. I originally had my independent mechanic look at mine and he was shocked at how poorly made those hoses are, said expect to be replacing a few more. :angryfire: Oh, and his price was only slightly cheaper than the dealers since the parts have to come from the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.