Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car will not shift out of park. Took it to local service dealer for Saturn and they said liquids have been spilled in the shift console and have seeped into the shifter solenoid and other linkeage parts. Cost of $1,250.00 to replace parts. They said cleaning will not help because liquids have gotten inside of the parts. Anybody have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.

Sounds about right what the dealer told you. So much is electronic now and liquid is the worst enemy. Not much you can do except pay it and be more careful with the coffee.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
larryc. said:
Car will not shift out of park. Took it to local service dealer for Saturn and they said liquids have been spilled in the shift console and have seeped into the shifter solenoid and other linkeage parts. Cost of $1,250.00 to replace parts. They said cleaning will not help because liquids have gotten inside of the parts. Anybody have experience with this?
I Have not had this experience. The cost of $1250.00 seems a bit high, probably a ton of labor. I had to have the chrome trim piece on the shifter replaced before and that took them 3 hrs :sosad:. Are you capable of working on it yourself? That's what I would try and do, I think the side of the console will come off to where you can see if it is even doable :p. Good luck and keep us posted, also if you end ip doing the work take pics if possible.

·
Registered
754 Posts
at that price--- Id try really hard to get access to the solenoid and replace it myself

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mental note to self: Read the RIOT act to family about opening cans of pop while they're sitting in the center console cup-holders.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
larryc. said:
What did you end up doing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts