Saturn Outlook Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't seem to be the battery. It won't turn over even though there seems to be plenty of juice in the battery.
I noticed water dripping onto the passenger side dash last time it rained. Didn't have time to do anything about it and now it makes weird electrical squeely noises and won't start.

Our mechanic said he doesn't do anything with sunroof leaks so I don't have a clue who to call or what to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same issue. There's a hose that leads from your sunroof down towards your fuse box. Water is dripping on it. Starters, I cleaned out the sunroof trap and got a pitcher of water to see if the water goes down like it should and onto the ground (level ground). It didn't so I got some compressed air and shot it down the small weeping holes located in the front corners on the sunroof while opened. Until I could hear and see the water falling on the ground outside. Repeat it to ensure the water flows out the sunroof trap on both sides quickly. Now that you've fixed the clog now you need to get a fan and run it towards the electrical box located near your glove box all day to dry up any water that may be present. It fixed the problem for me. The code I had went away and there was no more strange electrical noises. I found that the hose leading from the sunroof to the dash was backwards on one side. 😳 I'm not a mechanic but I know a little something about cars. I now keep my SUV in my garage. The sunroof holes get clogged too easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue. There's a hose that leads from your sunroof down towards your fuse box. Water is dripping on it. Starters, I cleaned out the sunroof trap and got a pitcher of water to see if the water goes down like it should and onto the ground (level ground). It didn't so I got some compressed air and shot it down the small weeping holes located in the front corners on the sunroof while opened. Until I could hear and see the water falling on the ground outside. Repeat it to ensure the water flows out the sunroof trap on both sides quickly. Now that you've fixed the clog now you need to get a fan and run it towards the electrical box located near your glove box all day to dry up any water that may be present. It fixed the problem for me. The code I had went away and there was no more strange electrical noises. I found that the hose leading from the sunroof to the dash was backwards on one side. 😳 I'm not a mechanic but I know a little something about cars. I now keep my SUV in my garage. The sunroof holes get clogged too easily.
Good write up couldn't of had said it better,also the drain tube has some sort of piece at the end that gets clogged it looks like a Phillips head screw made of rubber i got a razor blade and cut that piece off water flows better and no clog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts