Registered
1,093 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
IIRC the hoses aren't directly connected to the water pump
It makes sense now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We were still having trouble I was told one thing and my husband was told another so Last Monday evening I sent an e-mail to GM on Tues morning Erick who I guess works with the Saturns called me and had already left a message with the services manager. Finally on Wed the owner called said we had every right to be upset and he would be our contact from now on. They pulled the only tech i trust there and had him start working on it. On this last Friday they called said they pulled another tech to help him as there is a mondular (sp) that is spiking and shorting out a couple fuses in the vehicle as well as shorting outing their testing equipment. They stated they are calling on this Monday to get some help on figuring out which modular is doing this as it is not leaving a tatal tail where they can follow it back. I will be taking in a copy of the full extended warranty for them. When the owner spoke to my husband though he told him that if the warranty does not cover this they would due to the run around we have been getting. The owner also told him if they do get fixed and we have to take it back in again then they will find a vehicle comparable to this one and trade with us--so we will see. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi a little of both I guess. I have been researching out the drain and giving them every thing I have come across. I will ask them if they have done the instrument panel. Thanks for the Information.

·
Registered
754 Posts
yeah- no hoses on these... theyre not like the old ones that had hoses coming out of them- and went to the heater core.
As you can see on my 2010- its actually flush with the rest of the pulleys.
I suspect that pic- may be wrong.... since its sticks out... but the water pump here is the upper pulley.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Weep hole on a more normal looking Traverse replacement pump

·
Registered
754 Posts
appears the image was stretched on the 1st pic I posted (it even appears to be the same one posted above- just elongated.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Good pics, makes you wonder how it works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
GM Customer Service said:
Dear carbonflash2,

How did things go with your situation with the Outlook and the dealership? Were they able to get the noise in the column taken care of?

Michelle, GM Customer Service
Hi Michelle,

The Outlook is at the same dealer again. I pointed out the noise again, but the big problem in the sunroof leaked--again. The drivers floor board was soaked, and left the truck stinking after 2 days (my wife does not drive much). We'll see if they fix the noise. I should get the Outlook back tomorrow, we'll see how it will turn out.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
carbonflash2 said:
Hi Michelle,

The Outlook is at the same dealer again. I pointed out the noise again, but the big problem in the sunroof leaked--again. The drivers floor board was soaked, and left the truck stinking after 2 days (my wife does not drive much). We'll see if they fix the noise. I should get the Outlook back tomorrow, we'll see how it will turn out.
Insist they take the headliner down completely, otherwise they'll never find the leak.

·
Registered
754 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Good pics, makes you wonder how it works.

note the impellers.... and the pattern on the underside--- pretty much in one way- out the other

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
rbarrios said:
note the impellers.... and the pattern on the underside--- pretty much in one way- out the other

I can see where the improper torque can really make thing leak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought a 2008 AWD XR (leather, dvd) with 27K miles and I did review the carfax but I wasn't aware of the mainteance check. Does anyone have access..? My Vin is 5GZEV23768J210053. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake on this purchase. So far the car has been great and its Saturn Certified. How about maintenance and parts? I paid 23K, probably too much

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought a 2008 AWD XR (leather, dvd) with 27K miles and I did review the carfax but I wasn't aware of the mainteance check. Does anyone have access..? My Vin is 5GZEV23768J210053. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake on this purchase. So far the car has been great and its Saturn Certified. How about maintenance and parts? I paid 23K, probably too much

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
geoff1988 said:
Take your vehicle to your local GM dealer and have them run a "vehicle history" report. They can do that by using your VIN number.

I had than ran more than once on my 07 Outlook which I purchased new. The huge issue I found out was that a dealer in Knoxville, never had my vehicle down at his dealership, well any way he had noted a new engine being installed against my VIN#. Never happened and that was a big issue I have had with dealers.

I always make sure to have one ran once every six months and when I go to the dealer on Friday I will have them run one on my 2011 Enclave.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dear geoff1988,

I would have to agree with Sailfish. Take you vehicle to a General Motors dealership with your VIN and see if they will get the service and maintenance history of the vehicle.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Guys I'll do that this week. Much appreciated! Are you guys happy with your Outlook? How about the service warranty and parts?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
geoff1988 said:
Thanks Guys I'll do that this week. Much appreciated! Are you guys happy with your Outlook? How about the service warranty and parts?
I will say I loved my 07 Outlook...seriously I mean that. I just had issues with water leaks from the sunroof which the dealer, multiple ones, could never fully correct.

I did go with another lambda, a 2011 Enclave without the sunroofs.

I still say for what you get for the price the vehicle is a great buy and honestly one of the best looking ones on the market today.

Oh yea I loved the style of the Outlook although I am starting to get totally into the looks of my Enclave. So true ones opinions are really based on what you own and drive every day.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
396 Posts
geoff1988 said:
I've had mine for a little over a year. Love the design, though I miss the space and MPG of my Odyssey.

The last GM car I owned was a 1988 Chevy Celebrity beater that I bought for $600. Before that it was a 1980 Chevy Monza and my family had a series of 70's GM cars. All of those were pretty crappy once they hit 80K or so. I have high hopes for this Outlook, but I'm sorta expecting to be dissapointed as I plan on keeping it a loooong time.

In a year plus and 28K miles, I've had more problems with it in the 8 years and 160K that I had that Odyssey. Maybe not, but it feels like it. All of them have been under warranty and the dealer has been great. Honestly, some of them I wouldn't have fixed if it had been on my dime too.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
geoff1988 said:
Happy-not really, service-great, parts-have'nt to buy anyting out of pocket yet. My OUTLOOK looks great, drives great, but is really starting to have issues. So far to date.

torque converter hub seal leaking
Metal seams in the roof rubbing-drive me crazy
multiple DVD issues
HWF disable ($100.00 for the trouble ::))
steering column
steering rack bushings
ECM update (which I dont buy, it's just a big bandaid)
water pump
now it's in for possibly the camshaft postioning sensor (it lost all power on the road and as luck would have it, it coasted right into work and would'nt move from there, had to have a flatbed to come and get it), will know tomorrow
all this in under 33K...........AWESOME! Atleast it's paid for and not costing me anything .........YET! still what a hassle not being able to trust it, I really had high hopes for this one, guess not :mad: My '07 OUTLOOK got bought back for a nonstop sunroof leak issue.
I will NOT buy another Lambda, GM product-yes, Lambda no.

You asked :-\

21 - 40 of 46 Posts