Saturn Outlook Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So, the diagnosis was a leaking heater box, not the sunroof as originally suspected by the dealer. I did read about this as a problem on the forums. Well, we got the Outlook back, and I promptly traded in.

We moved into a 2011 Chevy Traverse LTZ. The difference in ride and quality is night and day. The Traverse drives smoother, power delivery is better, as is the fit and finish. We opted for a base model LTZ which means no sunroof, no DVD, no navigation, but we got bluetooth, heater/cooled seats, and backup camera. As much as I did not want back into another Lamboda, I had no other choice (read: my wife did not like anything else). I am pleased to say that in the 3 model years newer, the Traverse seems to be leaps and bounds better than the Outlook.

·
Registered
396 Posts
carbonflash2 said:
I am pleased to say that in the 3 model years newer, the Traverse seems to be leaps and bounds better than the Outlook.
I'm glad to hear that. Reading about bad timing chains, replaced steering boxes, failed liftgate struts, broken rear springs and more and I wonder what I've gotten myself into I only drove 2010 models when I bought my Outlook (this Outlook and a Traverse) and they felt similar to me. I'm hoping that the majority of the problems were more common to the early model years.

·
Registered
754 Posts
you got a BASE LTZ or LT2?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well just got the phone with the GM service tech and he said that he wasn't able to recreate the air bag ?nsor light to go off. I told him that it depends on the weight of the passenger. My wife is 125 pounds and the air bag is deactivated when she's the passenger. Wasn't there a recall on the sensor?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
rbarrios said:
you got a BASE LTZ or LT2?
LTZ-- no moonroof, no navi, no DVD; we didn't want to pay for the latter two, and we had problems with the leaky moonroof twice.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
geoff1988 said:
Well just got the phone with the GM service tech and he said that he wasn't able to recreate the air bag ?nsor light to go off. I told him that it depends on the weight of the passenger. My wife is 125 pounds and the air bag is deactivated when she's the passenger. Wasn't there a recall on the sensor?
Should of been and if your VIN was affected you would of gotten a letter.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts