Saturn Outlook Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2008 Outlook a year and half ago. I have already put in $1000 in repairs and now have found the Timing Chain is skipping a tooth and needs a replacement, a $3000 fix. I am sick to my stomach. I love my car but can't afford to fix.

Does anyone know why it is that the TSB for the timing chain failure excludes the 2008 model year? This seems to be a common problem on these engines.
My car was built in 3/2008 most likely with 2007 parts. It has the same engine and specs as the 2007 and 2009s, the ones that GM will fix for free.

When I search for parts at GMParts direct, the 2007, 2008, and 2009 timing chains are the exact same part number. What is different that GM will not extend coverage to 10yrs 120k miles for my vehicle for these parts, but it will for 2007 and 2009? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
we are running into the same thing with our 2008. I know this is an old post but now that I am researching this, it is frustrating that the 2008 are not part of the problem. This, after sinking $3000 into rebuilding the transmission after the wave plate broke for the second time in 65k miles. Wife is looking at a highlander but we are now upside down on this thing and it just feels like one thing after another will start. I understand the converters may be next.... :banghead: :'(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts