Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all the Forums (Outlook, Acadia, Enclave) trying to find more info on replacing the UBEC so the trailer wiring harnes will work. I have a 2008 Outlook XR and most of the info I have come across is referring to a 2007 model. Has anyone been successful with either having the dealer replace it or done it themselves? My dealer would consider replacing it but they are uncertain of the right part #. The part #'s that are listed on the TSB for the 2007 doesn't match the part # in my Outlook. If I could get a part # I would do it myself. Help with suggestions or part #. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is there a problem with a 2007 wiring harness? I have a 2007 XR AWD with the towing package and expect that the installed 7 pin plug will work like a "plug & play" with a travel trailer and electric break controller (got that lpastic adapter with 4 cables too).

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
tcxr said:
I have searched all the Forums (Outlook, Acadia, Enclave) trying to find more info on replacing the UBEC so the trailer wiring harnes will work. I have a 2008 Outlook XR and most of the info I have come across is referring to a 2007 model. Has anyone been successful with either having the dealer replace it or done it themselves? My dealer would consider replacing it but they are uncertain of the right part #. The part #'s that are listed on the TSB for the 2007 doesn't match the part # in my Outlook. If I could get a part # I would do it myself. Help with suggestions or part #. Thanks
Are you trying to retrofit your vehicle to have the towing pkg?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to add the OEM hitch, wiring harness and plug. I would also like to use the existing wired plug that is located behind the rear passengers side wheel well. Again, this is for a 2008 Outlook with out the towing package. The problem is that the plug is only able to operate the parking lights. The turn signal, brake lights and back up lights don't work. The reason they are not functional at the plug is because the fuse block that is located under the hood doesn't have the proper relays and fuses to make it work. The only way to use the existing plug is the change the fuse block (UBEC). There is a TSB that was put out from GM that addressed this issue on the 2007 Outlook, 2007 Acadia and 2008 Enclave. The solution was to replace the UBEC under warranty by the dealer. I am trying to find someone with a 2008 who has had their dealer fix it or they have done it themselves. I am finding it difficult to get the correct part # for the UBEC. Looking for suggestion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had my 07 fitted at a local trailer shop - didnt give them too much trouble at all. done in 3 hours. They ran some wires from the front to the back for the brakes. Otherwise I believe they just tapped into the wires behind the brake lights. $150 for their time.

Daryl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if this ever was resolved? I have a 2008 XR without the tow package and would like to install a hitch to two light cargo (motorcycle, etc.). I don't want to tap into my existing tail lights. Is it as simple as going to my dealer and telling them I need the upgraded (V92 ?) UBEC then plug the existing harness at the rear into the trailer harness? Is the UBEC replacement something I can do? How much? What is the part # for the UBEC?

Thanks!
Pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the dealer is willing to pay to swap out the fuse box, etc...great. Otherwise, just run additional wiring and inline fuses. Much cheaper if you didn't get the tow package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts