Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to have my engine replaced in my 2008 Saturn Outlook - When I went to pick it up from the shop the engine light was still on so I made them take it back. They are now saying the Transmission control Module is out and want another $2,000 - I have an extended warranty and it paid for the new engine. But they say they will not pay for the TCM because it is a non-lubricated part. Two years ago I got the transmission completely rebuilt - covered by warranty as well. I wonder if it is possible they shorted the TCM out while replacing the engine or if it went out from sitting at the dealership for two months. It took them two months to get it approved and fixed. The dealership swears that the TCM is a lubricated part the warranty folks say no. So everyone wants me to pay - The error code was not there when I dropped it off - they swear when they took it for a test drive after installing the new engine it was not there. I jumped in turned it on and it was there - never even left the dealership. I feel like I am getting ripped off.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hmmm I agree the situation sounds fishy.

Is the extended warranty though GM? You might have more recourse if it is to escalate the issue.

What happened to the engine in the first place / are you the original owner? Depending on how much you have put into the car you may want to cut your losses, fix the issue and sell / trade in the vehicle.

Sorry I know this isn't super helpful advice but something to think about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts