Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen similar issues on this site, but no real solution. Hoping someone can help!

My daughter tried to start the Outlook. It didn't start. She turned it off, removing the key. The radio came on. She tried to start it again and now everything is dead and the key won't come out. The key will move a little bit, but can't be removed.

NOTHING works in the car. None of the keyfob buttons work.

I haven't tried to jump it because I can't even turn the key far enough.
All of the fuses look fine.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, now I'm mad.

After convincing my husband to at least try jumping the Outlook, it's fine. As soon as we hooked up the cables to the Outlook, everything started working. Lights came on, radio came on, and the key came out.

The Outlook did not start immediately. Waited a minute and it jump started fine. My battery looks fine and is not old. The needle on the battery gauge is to the right of the middle.

The key should not have been stuck, regardless of whether the battery was charged or not. This is a real security problem! I'd still like to know if there is a way to get the key out without charging the battery. AND, this used to happen on our Alero, but it was a security/anti-theft issue. We knew how to reset that. I'm very suspicious of WHY this happened (not believing it's a battery problem).

I'd still like to know if anyone has solved this?? Thanks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
when the battery goes dead on these-- the key is not removable.
I Believe there is an actuator that causes the key to get stuck...

solution is to jump it- or apply power (via jumper cables).

Double check your battery--- before it leaves you stranded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rbarrios said:
when the battery goes dead on these-- the key is not removable.
I Believe there is an actuator that causes the key to get stuck...

solution is to jump it- or apply power (via jumper cables).

Double check your battery--- before it leaves you stranded.
Thanks for verifying about the key. I'm just glad I didn't have to leave the car somewhere with the key stuck in it!

I'm getting the battery checked tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts