Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2009 Outlook, and I'm on the verge of buying - and I have been a lifelong Ford guy but I have always liked the Lambda platform. Hopefully this GM product will be nice to me...

I have a question that the dealer didn't seem to have a good handle on - their understanding is the 2009s only had 3 year 36000 mile warranties. I know some of you have discussed 5 year 50,000 mile warranty terms - was that a 2008 thing only?

Thanks!
Scot

·
Registered
353 Posts
stoney56 said:
I am looking at a 2009 Outlook, and I'm on the verge of buying - and I have been a lifelong Ford guy but I have always liked the Lambda platform. Hopefully this GM product will be nice to me...

I have a question that the dealer didn't seem to have a good handle on - their understanding is the 2009s only had 3 year 36000 mile warranties. I know some of you have discussed 5 year 50,000 mile warranty terms - was that a 2008 thing only?

Thanks!
Scot
According to the information I have available to me, the 2009 model year had the 3 year or 36,000 mile Bumper To Bumper Limited Warranty. Please, keep in mind the warranty expires on time or mileage whichever happens first.

If you do purchase the vehicle, don't hesitate to provide me with the VIN and I will be able to research the warranty information.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
754 Posts
Im guessing the selling dealer is not a GM dealer? how could they not know...

bumper to bumper 3 yr/36,000 miles...
and
5 yr/100,000 POWERTRAIN.

The buicks have a slightly better-- I think its 4 yr/50,000 bumper to bumper.... 5yr/100K powertrain.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Scot, like rbarrios posted you will have the remainder of the 5 year 100000 mile powertrain warranty. I have posted a link which will give you some idea of what is covered. It is a link for the Chevrolet warranty but the Saturn will be at least the same.

Note also that for 2010 some items were removed from coverage but yours being a 2009 you don't have those items removed.

Good luck on your purchase.

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty/

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
ls973800 said:
Scot, like rbarrios posted you will have the remainder of the 5 year 100000 mile powertrain warranty. I have posted a link which will give you some idea of what is covered. It is a link for the Chevrolet warranty but the Saturn will be at least the same.

Note also that for 2010 some items were removed from coverage but yours being a 2009 you don't have those items removed.

Good luck on your purchase.

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty/
:eek: :-\ Really? So could you tell us which items were removed from the power train warranty that were covered in 2009 and prior? Please?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I dont know exactly but I know that every year little stuff here and there is removed from the warranty.
youd have to compare a 2007 with a 2012 to see

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Sighhh....thanks...I think. ???

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
For some reason I thought it was less. I am glad to hear it is the same.
At one point I was peeved to see lucky Americans getting 100K mile warranties yet Canadians getting 100K kilometer warranties. It seems in more recent years that GM found their way to leveling the playing field.

·
Registered
353 Posts
BigTallV said:
At one point I was peeved to see lucky Americans getting 100K mile warranties yet Canadians getting 100K kilometer warranties. It seems in more recent years that GM found their way to leveling the playing field.
Thank you for sharing your feelings about the warranties. I completely understand where you are coming from about that.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

1 - 14 of 14 Posts