Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was just bit by the 3-5-R waveplate failure. $4000 to rebuild the transmission at a transmission shop. I picked the car up after hours last night and discovered a couple of problems on the way home. The AC is not working and the steering wheel is not centered. I am trying to gather information before contacting the shop tomorrow. Is it possible that the shop messed up the AC and the steering wheel alignment when removing the transmission?

·
Registered
107 Posts
WOW! $4000 was more than we paid AT THE DEALERSHIP!!!
What kind of warranty did it come with???
We had the tranny replaced in my Wife's 08 Outlook and 3 months later it had to be replaced again.
Ours came with a 3 yr 30,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW is about right. They replaced the torque converter and a solenoid assembly also. The solenoid itself was almost $800. I tried to get into the dealer, but of the dealers that I called they were all 2 weeks out before they would even look at it. The transmission shop had it complete in less than 2 weeks. We were in a rental car which was quickly adding up. BTW, the warranty that they gave me was 3 years/36,000 miles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I could be wrong about the mileage on the warranty.
The dealership that we went to GAVE us the loaner at no cost. Both times it was in, it was in for over a week. All we had to do was replace the fuel we used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts