Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 Outlook XR and the dealer promised to have a remote start installed for me. After doing research on this and a few other forums, I found out that I had the option of having a factory advanced 2-way installed that had many obvious advantages over the aftermarket unit. My dealer(of course)had never heard of the availability and only agreed to do it after I provided him with the Saturn part number. His service department had my car for the last 2 days and calls this afternoon to tell me to pick up my car because even though they installed the remote start, they couldn't get it to work. They also told me that they had opened a trouble ticket with corporate on the issue and would let me know if they find anything. My question to you fine folks is...

1)Should this work and my dealers techs are just confused?

2)If it should work can you give me the contact numbers of a dealership that knows how to do this so I can clue my dealership in?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
rbakerpromo said:
I just purchased a 2009 Outlook XR and the dealer promised to have a remote start installed for me. After doing research on this and a few other forums, I found out that I had the option of having a factory advanced 2-way installed that had many obvious advantages over the aftermarket unit. My dealer(of course)had never heard of the availability and only agreed to do it after I provided him with the Saturn part number. His service department had my car for the last 2 days and calls this afternoon to tell me to pick up my car because even though they installed the remote start, they couldn't get it to work. They also told me that they had opened a trouble ticket with corporate on the issue and would let me know if they find anything. My question to you fine folks is...

1)Should this work and my dealers techs are just confused?

2)If it should work can you give me the contact numbers of a dealership that knows how to do this so I can clue my dealership in?
Try calling Saturn 0f Troy(Michigan). They installed my 2-way. I've been reading rumblings that there are some 09's that cannot have remote start added. I know this was a problem for a short period of time with early builds of 08's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/color]UPDATE:[/color] When I went to the dealership to pick up my Outlook, the service manager explained that after 2 hrs on the phone with Saturn Corp and the MFG of the system that even though the system he had installed in my car was the right part, it wouldn't work YET. The MFG was very grey about why it wouldn't work but assured the guy that they would be releasing the the correct system for purchase by dealers in the next couple weeks hopefully and we would need to keep checking back with the MFG weekly. I just don't get it. If they already make the system to be installed by the factory, how can it not be available for the dealers? Given the current financial situation, I can see why GM's suppliers are not too hot on releasing new products. I just hope this isn't a sign of what is to come for the Saturn brand.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
rbakerpromo said:
[/color]UPDATE:[/color] When I went to the dealership to pick up my Outlook, the service manager explained that after 2 hrs on the phone with Saturn Corp and the MFG of the system that even though the system he had installed in my car was the right part, it wouldn't work YET. The MFG was very grey about why it wouldn't work but assured the guy that they would be releasing the the correct system for purchase by dealers in the next couple weeks hopefully and we would need to keep checking back with the MFG weekly. I just don't get it. If they already make the system to be installed by the factory, how can it not be available for the dealers? Given the current financial situation, I can see why GM's suppliers are not too hot on releasing new products. I just hope this isn't a sign of what is to come for the Saturn brand.
It's a sign, dont you worry :eek:hno: they will probably be scraping the bottom of the barrel just to build Outlooks through 2011, if they make them that long :binky:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts