Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why, oh why, does the new 2009 Acadia get cooled seats, and the Outlook does not?

Is the Outlook the stepchild or what??
:angryfire:

If they are all the same (except for some style differences) why does it seem like the Acadia gets options the Outlook doesn't? I am a long time Saturn girl, and I am looking forward to the 2009, but it seems as though I have more options with the Acadia than the Outlook.

That makes me sad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with both of you. I'd like cooled seats and HUD.

I actually went today to look at the Acadia again and just don't like it as much as the Outlook. Also, I'm interested in tan leather with GMC does not offer in this vehicle.

Bob

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I believe GM is trying to differentiate the Lambdas even more with the (mild) criticism that they are all too similar, especially with a 4th model coming out this year. It does suck if you prefer the Saturn styling, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I noted this while shopping vehicle features/options. To get a Lambda with cooled seats, a HUD, and a second row bench the only choice is the top of the line Acadia SLT-2. I haven't seen 2009 prices yet, but suspect it will be more than I can afford.

I've determined there is a cost effective workaround for the other stuff we want like the remote start, nav unit, and rear DVD player (headrest install vs. rear view blocking roof mount) on the XE. I doubt the HUD or seats would be an easy/cost effective retrofit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
"I've determined there is a cost effective workaround for the other stuff we want like the remote start"

OL, what's the workaround for the remote start?

Also, I'm really glad I bought an 08, cloth seats are no longer an option on the XR.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It says in the owners manuals for both 2007 and 2008 that if your vehicle is not equipped with remote start, it is remote start ready. Apparently, it is a matter of getting a part and having the dealer install & program it. One of the replies summed it up as follows:

I have an appointment with Saturn service next Thursday to have Remote start added to my 2008 XE. It took 5 days for the "part" (new FOB?) to come in and they are charging me $189 for the part and $40 for service... they told me it will take 1-2 hours. I checked my glove compartment and I do have AP8 listed on the service tag.

Here are some links:
Remote start
Remote Start for my 2008 XE?
2007 Outlook- Adding Remote Start?

Nav
Retrofit OEM nav system Great detail and pics!

Rear camera
Adding backup camera
Backup camera Long, 8 pages as of 7-2-08

There are lots of other related threads and great info, mostly on Acadiaforum. I knew nothing about these vehicles until last week when I was "steered" towards one on a Dodge forum while looking for a Journey.

I spoke to the local Saturn dealer today (they actually called me) and I'm still deciding on a used 07-08 XE ($), a 2009 Traverse ($$), their in stock 2008 XE ($$$), or a 2009 Acadia SLT2 for the HUD and cooled seats ($$$$).

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a new 08 without Remote start with the understanding it could be added. When it came in they were unable to do it. They attempted but could not get it to work. They contacted the factory rep and she said it was not available on the 08. We've been through these discussions on several boards several times, I've onlycome accross 1 owner of an 08 that was able to add this. Just a heads up. I believe it worked for key1cc because he had an early(July 07) build date. My build date was late September. Let us know if it works. We ended up ordering another 08 because of the dealer screw up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd be interested to see the wiring diagrams on this stuff. It appears some type of change was made during that time frame, which seems odd to me in that it disabled the upgrade (which requires two harnesses where one was OK before). Of course, it would not be the first time something in the manual was wrong. Glad you got another vehicle. I wonder if a second opinion from another dealer would have made a difference? The in stock new '08 XE I'm looking at doesn't have the remote start and I'm sure it is a later build date.

One nice thing I found while working on my 20 year old RX7 was that Mazda made all harnesses the same- so if you added factory cruise, etc. later the wiring & plugs were already there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So guys, whats the latest news?? I have a 2008 XE and it does have the AP8 code so I I buy a fob and take it to a dealer will this work or not?? The build date on it is 03/08.
Sorry to have this reply on several topics but I am in need of some quick reply because I would like to do this for my wife for Christmas.
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Joe
Ashland, Ky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts