Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep, 1995 Jayco 1207 KB. Probably going to upgrade to something newer in a couple of years.

·
Registered
201 Posts
salguod said:
Went to the Saturn dealer tonight and drove a 2010 Outlook XR. It had the tow package and I looked at the hitch sticker. It said 5,200 lbs.
Just a point of clarification, not necessarily to single you out... this is more for the towing newbs. The receiver/hitch does not indicate the tow capacity of the vehicle. The label on the hitch is the rating for the hitch itself and nothing else.

If the '10 Outlook XR you looked at has the V92 factory tow package, then naturally it has the 5,200 lb tow rating. The RPO codes are listed on the service label sticker on the inside of the glove box. If the V92 RPO code is listed there, you've got a winner! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
So my 09 has V92 towing pkg but a 4500lb hitch, I can't imagine very much difference in the vehicle MY other than the hitch itself. I'll never pull that kind of weight, probably will never pull anything with my OUTLOOK.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hmm, I'll have to take a look in the glove box. I imagine the owner's manual is there as well and would have the towing limits laid out there as well. I'm going to go in tomorrow night to try to seal a deal.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My 07 Acadia has the V92 package and my hitch says 5200 lbs; although we all know non-DI engines aren't rated to pull that kind of weight.

My owner's manual says I can pull 4200 lbs

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Called the dealer, he said that he checked the 2010 owner's manual and it did say 5,200. Going tonight to sign the papers, I'll verify that before I do.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
salguod said:
Called the dealer, he said that he checked the 2010 owner's manual and it did say 5,200. Going tonight to sign the papers, I'll verify that before I do.
Good luck, you had better post pics of that 2010 OUTLOOK!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Picked it up, very happy. Look for pics soon in the photos section.

·
Registered
201 Posts
6Sixathome said:
So my 09 has V92 towing pkg but a 4500lb hitch, I can't imagine very much difference in the vehicle MY other than the hitch itself. I'll never pull that kind of weight, probably will never pull anything with my OUTLOOK.
Six,

I believe they revised the tow ratings mid-year (but I may be wrong on that). It was right around when the Traverse was intro'd to the marketplace. All of a sudden, BINGO - the tow ratings on the other Lamda's got the jump. Was there anything substantial changed? I have little proof, but I would believe you're right in that the hitch (or the label on it) was likely the only item. :-\

EDIT: Found later this evening by fluke when replying to the heated washer thread on the Traverse forum... The Saturn Outlook Print Book (version published July 31, 2009) has a section that lists Distribution Updates and in there is an update dated Week of 11/27/2008:
"Effective 11/27/2008, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
• Trailering section-Changed Maximum Trailer Weight lbs. (kg) for ZR14526 with V92 and ZV14526 with V92 from "4500
(2041)" to "5200 (2359".
"
:cheers:

Regards,
/BTV

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
BigTallV said:
Six,

I believe they revised the tow ratings mid-year (but I may be wrong on that). It was right around when the Traverse was intro'd to the marketplace. All of a sudden, BINGO - the tow ratings on the other Lamda's got the jump. Was there anything substantial changed? I have little proof, but I would believe you're right in that the hitch (or the label on it) was likely the only item. :-\

EDIT: Found later this evening by fluke when replying to the heated washer thread on the Traverse forum... The Saturn Outlook Print Book (version published July 31, 2009) has a section that lists Distribution Updates and in there is an update dated Week of 11/27/2008:
"Effective 11/27/2008, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
• Trailering section-Changed Maximum Trailer Weight lbs. (kg) for ZR14526 with V92 and ZV14526 with V92 from "4500
(2041)" to "5200 (2359".
"
:cheers:

Regards,
/BTV
BTV good find :thumb:, besides the hitch I wonder what the changed, a bigger trans cooler maybe?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Perhaps the difference was the DI? More torque & HP on tap.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Could also just be from testing. They realized they had it rated to low. Would make since with a new platform that they dont want to rate it to high out of the gate only to find out the vehicle can't handle it. But after time they (GM) realize it can.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
tiger66 said:
The battery on my 08 is above the right front tire. My daughter's Ion had the battery in the trunk compartment.
That's not the battery, its a jump point. The battery is at the feet of the rear passengers feet on all. If you lift the carpet piece you will see a couple of screws that when removed will reveal the battery.

·
Registered
396 Posts
xseoer said:
I feel thatthe lighter of 2010 less than 2009.
And start up faster :thumb:
Huh ???

and watch the links in your signature block since I know they aren't related to a vehicle

·
Registered
754 Posts
another duffus

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thanks admin :thumb:. Did anyone try his hair care products? :D

21 - 39 of 39 Posts