Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Again,
Heres a Few questions.
I saw you had panel removed under steering wheel. Did you have to access wiring from there?
I am using the PAC os4 modual.(to keep onstar & chimes)which one did you use? did u need any other wire harness adapter?
I am also using the pac steering wheel control-- I see u had some issues with that--did u get them resolved?
Where did u end up putting Nav. Antenna and mic for bluetooth? I am also putting an xm tuner in, any room anywhere for that? I was thinking under dash, near passenger side.
As far as the overhead dvd, I just need to figure out how to carefully get headliner down.(my wife has no confidence, but I think I can handle it).
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Bryanb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The panel under the steering wheel is where you have to tie into the steering wheel control wire at.
I used the axess GMOS-LAN-01 for the onstar and chimes it was the only wire adaptor I had to use except for the pac steering wheel control interface.
I haven't got the steering wheel control working yet I ordered what I thought was a different companies to try it but when I opened the box it was the same PAC interface in the other companies box so looks like I will be adding a relay to make it work. you might not have to as you are using a different onstar interface. I put the nav antenna where the factory one would be which is up at the very front of the dash under the top trip piece there was a little flat spot for it and you don't have to see it. The bluetooh mic I ran up the drivers side pillar to the headliner and over by the rearview mirror. Under the dash on the driver side was alot of room you could put the xm thing there it just depends on which place is the easiest to run the wires there isn't much room by the stereo I have my GMOS adaptor actually shoved through a hole and into the passenger side of the dash. As for the headliner didn't take it out I would just take your time and start in the front and carefully work your way back. Make sure to unhook your battery as there are lots of airbags under there. Anything else let me know or anything you want me to explain more let me know.
Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Matt,
I am getting close to undertaking this project. The worst I think is going to get the headliner down. If I disconnect the battery, do you think I will have any problems when putting power back?. My other concern is the rear view camera. Did you add this to your system? I have the option with the rear view camera in the rear view mirror. There has to be a way to grab the signal to feed to new radio. I found a box in the rear compartment for jack. trying to figure out what it is. It appears to have the antenna and possibly camera feed going to it. also found some extra wires unhooked in there,might be for additional rear speakers. Will let you know what info I find.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As long as you double check everything is hooked up right when you are done there shouldn't be any problems when you turn power back on. I didn't add a back up camera still undecided if I need one. I am sure there is probably a way to utilize the factory backup camera but don't have one so not sure where to start looking to find the answer. Good luck and if I can help in anyway let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to let you know that I installed the pioneer avic z110bt along with an overhead dvd player and also added an additional rear view camera.
All work great. I retained factory XM via steering wheel controls. Very happy with the whole setup. Also saved alot of money--did the whole project for just over a grand for everything!

Bryan

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
bryanb said:
Just wanted to let you know that I installed the pioneer avic z110bt along with an overhead dvd player and also added an additional rear view camera.
All work great. I retained factory XM via steering wheel controls. Very happy with the whole setup. Also saved alot of money--did the whole project for just over a grand for everything!

Bryan
Awsome :thumb: How about some pics?

·
Registered
1 Posts
bryanb- what overhead unit did you use.

I am considering the same upgrades. Where did you buy? that seems like a pretty good deal for a grand!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts