Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has been happening ever since I got the car, but I wanted to know if it's anything to be worried about. Every time I stop, I can hear the fans come on. I'm assuming that they turn on while I'm driving because every time I stop at any point, I can just hear them start up again. Is this anything to be worried about? The engine temperature is normal and it is 37 degrees outside, so I don't really understand why the fans would be coming on in the first place. There's obviously plenty of cold air to cool the radiator.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What is your water temperature gauge showing? Any unusual movements up or down, or any high readings?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you using the defroster? The fans should come on when the A/C compressor is on. The A/C compressor is on for defrosting. Maybe the fans come on for defrost mode, but they aren't needed during motion, only idling.
Try other indoor climate modes, floor, vent, even OFF and see if the fans come on when you stop.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
The fan stayed on for a bit after turning the motor off on my 07 Outlook. Haven't paid attention to my 11 Enclave enough to comment if on or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't actually tried turning the climate controls off and seeing whether that makes a difference or not. I'll try that on the way home from work and will report back!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ls973800 said:
What is your water temperature gauge showing? Any unusual movements up or down, or any high readings?
Nope. It sits right where it should be at 210.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts