Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead: I have a 2010 saturn outlook that started having a shifting problem as well as a card shuffling sound coming from the engine. Now it won't stay started and fluctuates in rpms before it dies longest time it stayed started was around 30seconds before rough idling and dies. I was able to get a code reader to it and it read all spark plugs misfiring and cam shaft positioning sensor bad. I changed all plugs(not coils) started again and it ran smooth for 30 seconds and died. These are the codes showing P0017,0300, 0301,0302,0303,0304,0305,0306, and C0561,0242 most are misfires but I changed the plugs. And I the c0561 reference the can shaft sensor and c0242 reference air flow error if anyone could help me out it would be much grateful for my car has been sitting for over a month now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wish I could help more, but here's my 2 cents: the P0017 code for the cam positioning sensor could mean the timing chains are stretched. I hope that is not your issue, however it has been an issue with this engine for a long time. If your chains are stretched, it could cause misfire on all of your spark plugs. I don't think it would effect your shifting, however. And usually along with P0017 you would get the P0008 code as well. did you try Onstar? They may not be able to tell you more than what you've already learned on your own wth the OBDII code scanner.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's seems through various forums there was a timing chain recall I'm gonna pray for that thank you for your imput

1 - 3 of 3 Posts