Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum today :). I am sure this has been presented before but the A/C on my 2010 Outlook stopped working yesterday :( The snowflake light blinks 3 times and that is all that it will do. All of the reaming functions of the climate control seem to work fine both front and rear. Outside temp was in the 70's so the air would have been nice to have. This is not the time of year for expensive repairs so I hope somebody can tell me something positive about this problem. Also I just paid out $2300 having a motor put in my son's 04 Vue so the maintenance budget is dry.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@ram1500dvr, I’m sorry to read about the experience with your air conditioning in your 2010 Outlook. From the information I have available to me, with what you’re describing the air conditioning system needs to be serviced. This is in the owner’s manual.

Under normal circumstances this would be covered under the Bumper to Bumper warranty. You’ll want to get the vehicle into the dealership to have this diagnosed. Once this is done, they should be able to let you know of warranty coverage if any.

If you’re not sure if you’re still within the Bumper to Bumper warranty parameters please, send me a private message with the VIN of your vehicle.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
754 Posts
ram1500drvr said:
Outside temp was in the 70's so the air would have been nice to have.
you need AC when its 70 outside?
I use AC when its 100 outside (so california).

but-- youll want to create accts on the Traverse, Acadia, and Enclave forums.
Same vehicles underneath.
But the flashing LED light-3x has been mentioned before.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome to another '10 Outlook owner! Not many of us around, I think GM only mad a few thousand '10s. Last of the Saturns. I spend more time on the Acadia forum since it's most like our Outlook and there's more activity there.

The blinking AC indicator means low freon and the system won't kick on to protect the compressor. The only way you get low freon is if you have a leak.

I had an issue with my AC too last summer. I was out of warranty so I took it to a local muffler shop that I trust. They diagnosed a bad compressor to condenser hose and noted that he was shocked it was already bad. He said I should be prepared for more as the hoses looked pretty poorly made. :angryfire: Several folks have had various bad hoses.

I took it up with GM since we had only been through two summers since new (we were out of warranty by mileage) and they stepped up and took care of almost all of it. It took longer than I wanted (dealer took two visits, $120 and several days, muffler shop diagnosed it in a couple hours for $30), but it came out OK in the end. Saved me about $500. I just hope I avoid more AC issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts