Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2008 Outlook will on rare occasions engage ABS\take over braking when turning left, either going up or down a slight hill at slow speed, with the foot barely on the brake pedal. Usually when we are entering\leaving a parking lot. We have asked the service department to check it out but they can never reproduce it. Which I believe, as it happens rarely for us. It definitely feels like the ABS engaging with jerking\grinding noise. Quite violent for the situation.

My theory, which I have mentioned to them, is that it may be the Panic Brake Assist feature that is new on 2008 Outlooks\Acadias taking over. Unfortunately, they didn't even know about the Panic Brake Assist and I think they take my opinion with a grain of salt. If it is this, then they may need to adjust the sensors or whatever it is that determines that a situation requiring the assist is occurring. One way to rule this out is if any 2007 vehicles are doing this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
outlooker said:
Our 2008 Outlook will on rare occasions engage ABS\take over braking when turning left, either going up or down a slight hill at slow speed, with the foot barely on the brake pedal.
The same thing has happened with my 2008 Outlook and I am sure I have seen a post or 2 on this board describing similar behavior. There is one slight downhill left turn on a particular road that I can replicate this on nearly every time. I assumed it was the ABS somehow engaging...

See this post: http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=411.0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts