Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed a wet carpet under the drivers floormat aft of the footrest on the left. It's not rain water because it hasn't rained. I suspect it's coolant because I've had to add to the reservoir twice in two weeks. But I don't know how coolant could get inside, heater maybe but haven't turned it on. I talked the dealer into having his "leak guy"
look at it next week but he might not be up on non rainwater leaks. Any thoughts.
07 XR 103K mi.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
There is a condensation line that runs behind the dash. It came off on my long gone 07outlook but the water was on the passenger side. If it's coolant, wouldn't it be green?

·
Registered
252 Posts
khansen30 said:
There is a condensation line that runs behind the dash. It came off on my long gone 07outlook but the water was on the passenger side. If it's coolant, wouldn't it be green?
No. Coolant would be pink/orange color (unless something besides DexCool was added).

Is there a noise when the A/C blower motor is running? Sounds to me like a clogged A/C condensate drain line. Do a search of the Acadia or Enclave forums for some more information about it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
coolant is always running thru the heater core.
when you turn on heat- all that changes is the mode door- that turns/closes/open to push air thru the core.

If it was coolant- youd smell it- it has a very distinct smell.
Most likely water condensation- plugged drain tube-

or maybe a leak from sunroof- if you have them...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. It turns out I was wrong on my original evaluation of symptoms (no, I'm not a doctor, but I play one ...) It was rainwater after all.
I noticed after a light to moderate rain, water dripping from the lower dash just inside the drivers door and significant water on the seat behind the driver and on the
headliner to the left of the rear non-movable sun/moonroof. The leak guy found that all four of the drain lines from the front moveable sunroof were clogged.
He had to remove some of the headliner to get to the two aft drains. Compressed air did the rest. The two front drains are readily accessible. Probably a good idea
to occasionally blow them out especially after pollen season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts